2023 CAAR Conference in Edmonton, 2022-2023 CAAR Membership & CAAR Advocacy
2023 CAAR Conference in Edmonton
The 2023 CAAR Conference and Tradeshow will be hosted at the Westin Edmonton in Alberta from February 7 to 9, 2023. One of CAAR’s greatest membership advantages is bringing CAAR members together, and we will finally be able to gather in person. The 2023 CAAR Conference will provide members with the opportunity to network and discuss current issues. We are looking forward to bringing together ag retailers, exhibitors, and innovators from across the industry to network, learn (earn CEO credits), and prepare for the future.
Looking to Exhibit at the Conference?
Exhibiting at the 2023 CAAR Conference is a great way to increase your company’s visibility and make it easy for attendees to connect with you. Exhibiting at the CAAR Conference provides you the opportunity to:
- Connect face-to-face with ag retailers
- Reinforce relationships and discover new customers within the industry
- Promote new products, programs, and services
- Increase brand awareness
2022-2023 CAAR Membership
CAAR would like to thank all members who have already paid their membership fees for 2022-2023. Summer is a busy time, so if you forgot there is still time to renew your membership. With several advocacy issues ongoing to protect the industry, renewing your CAAR Membership is more important than ever.
Recap of CAAR Advocacy over the past year
Over the past membership year, CAAR has been actively supporting and representing ag retailers regarding:
- Regulation and Compliance
- Fertilizer and Pesticide availability
- Impact of International Trade and Policy
- Sustainable Production and Practices
CAAR has also been actively engaged on issues impacting ag retailers:
- AgGateway: working group, industry connectivity.
- CAAR hosted: Ammonia Nurse Tank Safety Program Training.
- CAAR initiated: The Fuel Positive Agreement in principle. FuelPositive systems produce ammonia on the farm to follow the Fertilize Canada Ammonia Code of practice.
- Canada Grains Council. MRL Assessment Committee, Sustainable Grains Working Group. Letter of support to CGC and CropLife Canada supporting science-based decision vs socioeconomic political intervention of PMRA decision-making as department and PCP Act is modernized.
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications. CRTC broadband auction strategy. Comment relating to prioritizing agriculture regions and rural communities. Advance precision agriculture technology capabilities. Define purchase and implementation terms and conditions; use it or lose it. Rural Broadband Connectivity – Impact on farmers, retailers, and rural communities implementing (5G).
- Canola Council of Canada development of research HUB strategic communications.
- CleanFARMS. Pesticide Container Transitioning from Municipal Collection to Retail Collection (Alberta/Manitoba)., Pesticide & Inoculant Bag Committee. Pesticide Container collection working group.
- Environment Canada / Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Over Formulation of Nitrogen and Phosphate Fertilizers, Imports and Domestic Production Working Group Canadian Fertilizer Products Forum.
- Environment Canada and Climate Change / Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada ECCC / AAFC Covid-19 Stakeholder Conference participation. Agriculture & Agri-Food – Impact of flood on BC’s lower mainland participation. ECCC/AAFC Emissions reduction of farm applied fertilizer emissions response and impact.
- Environment Canada and Climate Change / Pesticide Management Review Agency ECCC / PMRA Transformation Steering Committee Member. ECCC / PMRA MRL Technical Working Group.
- Fertilizer Canada. Ammonia Working Group, Canada Fertilizer Safety and Security Committee, 4R Communications Working Group, 4R Provincial Memorandum Support, Agriculture Climate Solutions Funding Proposal Letter of Support, Liquid Storage Working Group, Province of Manitoba hours of service alignment with Alberta and Saskatchewan development, support of amendments and feedback to Transport Canada TDG, B620, B622, and Fertilizer Canada development Codes of Practice. Letter of support challenging ECCC / AAFC strategy to reduce farmer applied fertilizer emissions by 30 percent.
- Prairie Certified Crop Advisor Board member appointee. Provincial Activities Manitoba Ag Ministers Input Sessions -Next Ag Policy Framework. Alberta Producer PPP sessions – EPR Engagement. Pesticide Restrictions: Learning from the Quebec Experience.
- Transport Canada. Letter to Transport Minister requesting swift resolution of strike action and the impact of railway employee strike on fertilizer and pesticide availability.
- University of Guelph: R2B2. Regional & Rural Broadband Project support activities. Expansion of 5G networks.
- CCA once again offering a series of live online tutorials to help those taking CCA exam CCA is once again launching a series of live online tutorials to assist individuals seeking to write the CCA exam to be better prepared. Tom Jensen and Carol Holt will be the presenters. The next CCA exam date is...
- Bee-cause they can Company uses bees to apply, on demand, fungicide to plants. Company uses bees to apply, on demand, fungicide to plants. By Andrew Joseph, Editor Farmers have long utilized honeybees to help pollinate their plan...
- BC port strike. Does anyone truly benefit in the long run? As of July 1, 2023, more than 7,000 port workers across British Columbia went on strike. By Mitch Rezansoff As of July 1, 2023, more than 7,000 port workers across British Columbia went on strike. The Internation...
- The Benefits of Flexible Work Embracing flexibility in the agricultural retail industry will create a better work environment. By Ainsley Andres If flexible work options were on the rise before, the 2019 pandemic gave them a huge push. The t...
- 2023-24 Membership Renewal is Underway CAAR membership renewals have been sent. Please renew, your membership directly contributes to CAAR’s advocacy activities, industry initiatives, agriculture scholarships, upgrades to existing programs and services, ...