Thank You for Believing in CAAR.
I have always believed in CAAR. From the moment I was introduced to this association and the amazing people who are its members, I knew that CAAR represented a worthy cause in helping the critical support network for Canada’s farmers. Those of you who know my work history know I never strayed far from CAAR, and jumped at the chance to join the team more than nine years ago.
This time of year reminds me that you, our members, also believe in CAAR. Your support is not something we take lightly, as we recognize that it must be earned, appreciated and nurtured.
Thank you to those of you who continue to lend your support to CAAR, and to the growing number of you who are joining us. It is very exciting to work with you to defend and better our industry.
The journey to reshape and refocus CAAR has not been an easy one. Recent years have been fraught with roadblocks, with economic forces and industry consolidation counted among the issues we have faced. We have worked through each challenge, learning from them and redirecting our efforts to find greater success. This is not unlike the journey of our members – facing a suite of challenges and finding new ways to move ahead.
Today, agri-retailers are facing an unprecedented era of rapid-fire technological progress and public suspicion of the industry. CAAR sees a growing number of instances where the rights and values of our retailer members are at risk. It can be difficult for an individual to defend their position in the murky waters of social media and anti-science lobbying.
We must work together, ensuring that our efforts remain strong and responsive.
Our collective voice, speaking on your behalf, has allowed us to reach new levels of industry, government and other stakeholders. In the past year, we have represented agri-retailer interests by working with Fertilizer Canada and consulting with the Canadian Standards Association on concerns regarding the B620-14 and B622-14 standards. We have also attended industry events such as the Public Trust Forum to ensure our members’ perspectives are included, and found unique solutions for industry employment challenges with Operation Ag Careers.
We will continue to work on behalf of our industry to protect your rights and ensure that your voice is heard.
With your support, we move purposefully forward in deepening our understanding of your business and the risks and challenges you face, seeking new and creative ways to help you achieve your goals.
We look forward to this coming year, and wish you a bountiful harvest season.
Delaney Ross Burtnack
President & CEO
- Thank You It’s hard to believe that it’s been 17 years since I was first introduced to CAAR. My first conferences are deeply etched in my memory as among the most fun and exciting events I have attended. Never had I been so co...
- Advocacy Improves Your Bottom Line CAAR is the only national advocate focused solely on agri-retail issues, but what does that mean for you? CAAR is the only national advocate focused solely on agri-retail issues, but what does that mean for you? ...
- President's Message: Febuary 2017 Committed to Your Business Over the past year, I’ve come to realize that CAAR’s greatest challenge is effectively communicating the value we bring to the agri-retail sector. Often, our greatest success comes in th...
- President's Message: December 2016 CAAR Helps You Maintain Focus Your focus should be on your business. CAAR's focus is findnig innovative ways to keep your team informed, and protect your business. Put CAAR to work for you. The agri-retail indust...
- President's Message: CAAR's Value Runs Deep Perception is an iceberg: what we see scratches the surface of what lies beneath. This concept is probably highlighted best in the era of social media, where we have become all too familiar with the thin veil of u...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.