Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
Successful trainees receive: TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
Online Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification training sponsored by CF Industries
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal Protection
- Theft, Crystal Meth and NH3
This course is offered both online and through in-person training (based on demand). The training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
- Saskatchewan Ammonia Dealers: 2020 SGI Permit Now Available Online Saskatchewan members – CAAR has once again successfully renewed the SGI Letter of Approval to Anhydrous Ammonia or Fertilizer Distributors, expiring Dec. 31, 2020. This letter is available for Saskatchewan CAAR me...
- CAAR Issued Equivalency Certificate SH 11960.2 CAAR is pleased to announce that it has received an Equivalency Certificate from Transport Canada which provides certain variances from the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) B622 Standard related to pressure testi...
- Reminder: Updated E2 Regulations Now in Force CAAR is reminding retailers that the Environmental Emergency Regulations, 2019 have come into effect as of Saturday, August 24, 2019. Please continue reading for important information. If you haven’t yet had the o...
- CAAR's Industry Committee Participation As a CAAR member, you help support your association’s advocacy activities. In turn, when important industry issues and initiatives are brought forward, your association can help represent your interests by ensuring y...
- MEMBER ALERT: Environmental Emergency Regulation Updates in Effect August 24 The finalized Environmental Emergency Regulations, 2019 have been published in the Canada Gazette Part II and will come into force on August 24, 2019. Fertilizer Canada has released a technical bulletin to provide gu...