Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
Successful trainees receive: TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal Protection
- Theft, Crystal Meth and NH3
This course is offered both online and through in-person training (based on demand). The training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
- 2022 Manitoba Nutrient Application Ban In case you missed the member alert last week, CAAR advises all Manitoba members and producers that there is no provincial variance in effect. Nutrients cannot be applied on or after November 10, 2022, due to expecta...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (January – March 2022) CAAR was busy in the first quarter of 2022 - we know it's hard to keep up with everything. Learn about CAAR's activities in our first Quarterly At-A-Glance of 2022, providing an overview of how we represented and adv...
- Spring Training Season in the Ag Retail Industry Spring training is not just for baseball players, it's for ag retailers too! Get ready for a busy spring by registering your staff for the Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification course. This ...
- CAAR Volunteers Drive Advocacy CAAR fights on your behalf for issues and regulations that impact your business. CAAR strives to bring your perspective - the perspective of ag retailers - to regulators before decisions are made, and CAAR works to e...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (January – March 2021) Learn about CAAR's activities in our latest Quarterly At-A-Glance, providing an overview of how we represented and advocated on behalf of ag retailers across Canada from January to March 2021. View CAAR's Q1 Quart...