Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
Successful trainees receive: TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
Online Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification training sponsored by CF Industries
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal Protection
- Theft, Crystal Meth and NH3
This course is offered both online and through in-person training (based on demand). The training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (January – March 2021) Learn about CAAR's activities in our latest Quarterly At-A-Glance, providing an overview of how we represented and advocated on behalf of ag retailers across Canada from January to March 2021. View CAAR's Q1 Quart...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (Oct. – Dec. 2020) Learn about CAAR's activities in our latest Quarterly At-A-Glance, providing an overview of how we represented and advocated on behalf of ag retailers across Canada from October to December 2020. View CAAR's Q1 Qu...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (July – Sept. 2020) We would like to thank our members who renewed their CAAR membership for the 2020/21 year and continued their investment with us. View CAAR's Q2 Quarterly At-A-Glance (October - December 2020)View CAAR's Q3 Quarte...
- Manitoba Nutrient Application Ban in Effect on Nov. 10 CAAR advises all Manitoba members and producers information regarding restrictions on winter nutrient application from the Manitoba Agriculture and Resource Development website. Nutrient Application Ban in Effect ...
- Nurse Tank Safety Program Training Survey 2020 The Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (CAAR) is looking to host an in-person Nurse Tank Safety Training (NTSP) course if there is sufficient demand. Please complete the short survey by Monday, August 10 if you a...