Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
Successful trainees receive: TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
Online Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification training sponsored by CF Industries
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal Protection
- Theft, Crystal Meth and NH3
This course is offered both online and through in-person training (based on demand). The training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
- Saskatchewan Ammonia Dealers: 2019 SGI Permit Now Available Online CAAR has once again successfully renewed the SGI Letter of Approval to Anhydrous Ammonia or Fertilizer Distributors, expiring Dec. 31, 2019. This letter is available for Saskatchewan CAAR members only, approving t...
- Comment Period on Proposed PMRA Neonic ban Closes Nov. 13 The deadline to submit responses to the PMRA’s proposed phase-out of Clothianidin and Thiamethoxam is fast approaching. To help strengthen the industry position on the proposed ban of these useful and valuable tools,...
- CAAR Launches New Voluntary B620 Identification Decal Program CAAR is pleased to announce the launch of a new voluntary decal program to help assist in the easy identification of post weld and non-post weld heated anhydrous ammonia tanks and nurse wagons. CAAR has developed ...
- CAAR Urges Member Responses to PMRA’s Proposed Ban CAAR is one of several industry groups forming a unified coalition to respond to the PMRA’s proposed decisions on Clothianidin and Thiamethoxam that were announced August 15. Together, this group has formed a seri...
- Don’t Miss NTSP Training in Brandon Haven’t registered for live NTSP Safety Training in Brandon? Don’t miss this chance to review testing and inspection requirements of the CSA B620/B622 Safety Standards and receive 3-year safety certification or re-ce...