Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
Successful trainees receive: TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
Online Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification training sponsored by CF Industries
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal Protection
- Theft, Crystal Meth and NH3
This course is offered both online and through in-person training (based on demand). The training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
- Member Alert: Update on CAAR’s Equivalency Certificate and Temporary Certificate *Note: this article contains the most up to date information on CAAR’s Equivalency and Temporary Certificates regarding the B620/622 changes. In the case of discrepancy, please disregard previous information. Canadi...
- NH3 Update: Hydrostatic Testing Relief Granted for Spring 2018 Transport Canada has agreed to provide agri-retailers time to complete hydrostatic testing, which will ensure adequate anhydrous ammonia resources for farmers this spring. The Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (...
- CAAR Issued Equivalency Certificate SH 11960 CAAR is pleased to announce that it has received an Equivalency Certificate from Transport Canada which provides certain variances from the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) B622 Standard related to pressure testi...
- CAAR Training Spotlight: TDG NH3 - Safety & the Farmer This updated training course on the safe handling of anhydrous ammonia gives producers the certification, skills and knowledge to properly handle and transport this chemical on their operations. Anhydrous Ammonia:...
- Member Alert: MB Nutrient Application Ban in Effect CAAR advises all Manitoba members and producers of the information regarding the restriction on winter application of nutrients from the Manitoba Sustainable Development website. Restriction on Winter Application ...