Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
Successful trainees receive: TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
Online Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification training sponsored by CF Industries
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal Protection
- Theft, Crystal Meth and NH3
This course is offered both online and through in-person training (based on demand). The training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
- Nurse Tank Safety Program Training Survey 2020 The Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (CAAR) is looking to host an in-person Nurse Tank Safety Training (NTSP) course if there is sufficient demand. Please complete the short survey by Monday, August 10 if you a...
- New Edition of CSA B625 Published A new edition of CSA B625, developed by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Technical Committee on portable tanks for the transport of dangerous goods, has been published. Keep reading for highlighted changes to...
- Reminder: Environmental Emergency (E2) Regulations Retailers who handle and store hazardous substances, including anhydrous ammonia (NH3), must be fully compliant with Environment and Climate Change Canada’s revised Environmental Emergency (E2) Regulations by Aug. 24...
- Know the 2020 Products of Concern for Pulses Keep it Clean has released its 2020 Pulse MRL Advisory with information on the crop protection products which could restrict marketing options for Canadian pulse crops. As the growing season kicks off across the coun...
- Transport Canada Issues Revised Temporary Certificate TU 0751 Transport Canada has revised temporary certificate TU 0751 to extend the requalification period for cylinders and other pressure receptacles with an expiration date of February 28th, 2019 or later. Download your temp...