Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety & the Farmer - TDG Certification
Safety doesn’t end at the farm gate! Sponsored by Fertilizer Canada, this course is designed to promote the safe transportation and handling of anhydrous ammonia at the farm level.
Topics covered in this course:
- Safe handling and characteristics of ammonia
- First Aid procedures in case of emergency
- Maintenance of nurse tank and applicator unit
- Connection and disconnection of nurse tank to the applicator
- Equipment maintenance
- Reporting incidents and emergencies
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods legislation
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
This course is offered both online and through in-person training (based on demand).
Successful trainees receive: Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certification, valid for three years from the date signed confirming qualification to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)).
Online Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety & the Farmer - TDG Certification supported by Fertilizer Canada