The ingredients are in place for the 2018 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, Sask. All that’s needed to complete the mix is you and your colleagues. The upcoming CAAR Conference will offer a unique blend of opportunities to learn something new, grow your business and expand your network. Take some time from your busy schedule to come and join us in Saskatoon!
Before you attend this year’s conference, I suggest you compile a list of questions you want answered. Questions such as:
- How can you make your business better?
- What unique (or not so unique) challenges do you face?
- Where do you want to grow?
- Where do you want your customers to grow?
- What are your customers asking of you?
Take the time to talk to suppliers, fellow retailers and new connections. Ask them about their list and see if you share any questions. What have they done to address those problems, or similar problems, in the past? What changes to their business created these problems? How has the competitive market changed today? Take in the world-class speaker program and ask yourself: “How can I use this new information to change the way I do business? How will that affect my list?”
In today’s competitive environment, we must take advantage of every opportunity in order to succeed. The CAAR Conference is a critical tool in the agri-retailer’s toolbelt, giving you a competitive edge and the chance to broaden your horizons in a relaxed, engaging environment. I invite you to join me at the 2018 CAAR Conference from Feb. 13-15, 2018 and kick off the new year with an unforgettable experience.
CAAR Board Chair
- Reflecting and Looking Forward As I write this, snow is swirling outside my office windows and thoughts of agriculture and farming seem a long way off. In reality, agriculture and agri-retail do not rest and today is simply one stage in the produc...
- Putting Members First As CAAR transitions our executive leadership, membership support and feedback are more important than ever. CAAR has entered a new phase this summer as we transition our executive leadership. Our previous CEO, Del...