Government & Industry
CAAR fights on your behalf for issues and regulations that impact your business – issues like safe product handling, site security and training. We strive to bring your perspective to regulators before decisions are made, and work to ensure that the laws and guidelines they develop make sense for your business. Through years of meetings, events and correspondence, CAAR has become a well known and respected face on Parliament Hill and with other industry groups. We continually research the issues that may affect you, and encourage you to advise the CAAR office on any issues we should be addressing.
CAAR actively defends the agri-retail industry and continues to seek out ways to support agri-retailers across Canada. CAAR is proud to represent the agri-retail industry in several forums including attendance and speaking opportunities at national and international events.
Here are just some of the ways CAAR is advocating on behalf of agri-retailers:
Advocacy and Education Initiatives
CAAR is proud to support and keep retailers informed of many important initiatives in Canadian agriculture, such as:
CAAR has actively promoted a sound science approach to responsible pesticide use and stewardship, participating in initiatives like:
Industry Roundtables and Coalitions
There are many roundtables, coalitions, and other groups coming together to build a variety of strategies for the long-term success of agriculture, and CAAR is proud to support and stay connected to as many of those initiatives as possible, including:
- Honey Bee Health Coalition
- Canadian Field Print Initiative
- Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Crops
- Biotech Coalition
- Canadian Seed Round Table
Nutrient Management Initiatives
CAAR is a proud supporter of initiatives like 4R that focus on proper stewardship of crop nutrients, and seeks to actively encourage a sound science approach to regulations on all levels. Recent activity includes:
CAAR actively participated in support of Bill C-18, and supports messaging that helps encourage a clear understanding of the vital role that seed technology plays in the growth of agriculture, such as:
- Canadian and Australian Retailers Form Alliance Fourteen Western Canadian agri-retailers announced on Sept. 15, 2017 the formation and launch of AgLink Canada, a strategic and commercial alliance with AgLink Australia. With a number of challenges and changes oc...
- Online Training Course Update CAAR is pleased to announce the launch of the newly revised online Nurse Tank Safety Program Training. The online course is now delivered in a more user friendly and efficient platform. This course informs trainee...
- Apply for the 2017 CAAR's Choice Awards! Your business is doing great work in your community and throughout the industry - CAAR wants to help share your story! CAAR is now accepting applications for the 2017 CAAR’s Choice Awards, and we encourage all CAA...
- Refer a Retailer Today! Do you know a retailer who could benefit from a membership with CAAR? By participating in CAAR's Refer a Retailer Contest, you could win great prizes while also supporting the association you know and love! CAAR m...
- Canola Exhibit Opens at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum A new exhibit, Canola! Seeds of Innovation, will be opening to the public on July 1st at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum in Ottawa. 2017 marks the 50th anniversary of canola as a "Made in Canada" crop, and ...