2019/20 CAAR'S YEAR AT-A-GLANCE
Focused on defending, protecting and enhancing the business of Canadian ag retail, CAAR has been working hard on behalf of our members through efforts in advocacy, regulatory compliance and collaboration with industry groups and committees.
Click the link below to view CAAR's annual Year At-A-Glance that gives an overview of how they represented ag retailers across Canada and advocated on their behalf in 2019/20.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2019/20 INCLUDE:
- Advocacy: At Provincial and Federal levels, CAAR advocated on behalf of the Canadian ag retail industry to be recognized as an essential service during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Regulatory Compliance: Updated the NTSP QC Manual to reflect numerous changes within the CSA B620/622 standards;
- Industry Collaboration: Worked with Transport Canada to obtain Equivalency and Temporary Certificates ensuring the continued supply of anhydrous ammonia for the 2020 season during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- CAAR Conference: Hosted in Saskatoon, SK, CAAR celebrated its 25th anniversary at the 2020 CAAR Conference;
- CAAR Pro-Ag Investments: The Pro-Ag Investments Auction raised over $80,000 for funds used to support CAAR’s operations and activities;
- Training: Provided training to over 3,000 individuals in over 250 companies.