The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently announced it is cancelling registrations for 12 neonicotinoid-containing pesticides, effective May 20, 2019. This announcement will not impact products available in Canada.
The EPA cancelled registration for the 12 products in response to litigation that had been ongoing for over five years between the EPA and environmental activists, who challenged the EPA's approval process concerning registered neonic pesticides. Manufacturers voluntarily agreed to pull their products as part of the settlement.
- Meridian 0.20G
- Meridian 0.14F
- Avicta Complete Corn 500
- THX_MXM_FDL_TBZ FS
- Adage Deluxe
- Adage Premier
- Emesto Quantum
- V-10170 0.25 G GL Insecticide
- Inovate Seed Protectant
- Inovate Neutral Seed Protectant
- Aloft GC G Insecticide
- Flower, Rose & Shrub Care III
Click here to read more about the EPA decision. This decision will not impact product registration or availability in Canada.
- Apply to Bring Mental Health Training to Your Rural Community The Do More Agriculture Foundation (Do More Ag) and Farm Credit Canada (FCC) have launched year two of a program that aims to promote mental health awareness and create support systems in rural communities. The menta...
- National Agriculture Leaders’ Debate With the federal election right around the corner, do you know where party candidates stand on the big issues facing agriculture today? Watch the National Agriculture Leaders’ Debate, hosted by the CFA, on Tuesday, S...
- Summit on Canadian Soil Health 2019: Setting the Course for the Future The Soil Conservation Council of Canada is hosting the Summit on Canadian Soil Health 2019 in Manitoba, Oct 1-2, 2019. Earn CEUs and hear from soil champions and stakeholders about the importance of working together ...
- Reminder: Updated E2 Regulations Now in Force CAAR is reminding retailers that the Environmental Emergency Regulations, 2019 have come into effect as of Saturday, August 24, 2019. Please continue reading for important information. If you haven’t yet had the o...
- CAAR's Industry Committee Participation As a CAAR member, you help support your association’s advocacy activities. In turn, when important industry issues and initiatives are brought forward, your association can help represent your interests by ensuring y...