The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently announced it is cancelling registrations for 12 neonicotinoid-containing pesticides, effective May 20, 2019. This announcement will not impact products available in Canada.
The EPA cancelled registration for the 12 products in response to litigation that had been ongoing for over five years between the EPA and environmental activists, who challenged the EPA's approval process concerning registered neonic pesticides. Manufacturers voluntarily agreed to pull their products as part of the settlement.
- Meridian 0.20G
- Meridian 0.14F
- Avicta Complete Corn 500
- THX_MXM_FDL_TBZ FS
- Adage Deluxe
- Adage Premier
- Emesto Quantum
- V-10170 0.25 G GL Insecticide
- Inovate Seed Protectant
- Inovate Neutral Seed Protectant
- Aloft GC G Insecticide
- Flower, Rose & Shrub Care III
Click here to read more about the EPA decision. This decision will not impact product registration or availability in Canada.
- Saskatchewan Ammonia Dealers: 2023 SGI Permit Now Available Saskatchewan members – CAAR has once again successfully renewed the SGI Letter of Approval to Anhydrous Ammonia or Fertilizer Distributors, expiring Dec. 31, 2023. This letter is available for Saskatchewan CAAR me...
- 2022 Manitoba Nutrient Application Ban In case you missed the member alert last week, CAAR advises all Manitoba members and producers that there is no provincial variance in effect. Nutrients cannot be applied on or after November 10, 2022, due to expecta...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (January – March 2022) CAAR was busy in the first quarter of 2022 - we know it's hard to keep up with everything. Learn about CAAR's activities in our first Quarterly At-A-Glance of 2022, providing an overview of how we represented and adv...
- CAAR Volunteers Drive Advocacy CAAR fights on your behalf for issues and regulations that impact your business. CAAR strives to bring your perspective - the perspective of ag retailers - to regulators before decisions are made, and CAAR works to e...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (January – March 2021) Learn about CAAR's activities in our latest Quarterly At-A-Glance, providing an overview of how we represented and advocated on behalf of ag retailers across Canada from January to March 2021. View CAAR's Q1 Quart...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.