CAAR is pleased to welcome two new, independent-retailer representatives to the association’s board of directors. Joining the board are Mike Gaumont of McEwen’s Fuels & Fertilizers and Stu Rassmussen of Blair’s Family of Companies.
The board of directors leads the associations activities as it strives to strengthen the ag retail industry in Canada through its advocacy activities and valuable member services. Gaumont and Rassmussen’s appointments to the CAAR board of directors demonstrate the association’s commitment to ensuring that agri-retailers are the majority group represented on the board.
The 2019-20 CAAR Board of Directors
Stan Loewen, TerraLink Horticulture Inc.
Mike Gaumont, McEwen’s Fuels & Fertilizers
Don Kitson, International Raw Materials Ltd., Board and Executive Council Chair
Taylor Olsen, Olds Fertilizers & Agri Services Ltd., Conference Chair
Luke Burton, Simplot
Cathi Douglas, Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
Russ Reich, Richardson Pioneer Ltd.
Stu Rassmussen, Blair’s Family of Companies
Theresa Bolton, Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd., Vice Chair
Blaine Cochrane, Shur-Gro Farm Services, Finance Chair
Eric Gregory, BrettYoung
Martin Kiefer, Agrico Canada L.P., Past Chair/Communications & Public Relations Chair
Dave Thompson, Atlantic Agri Business Council/Atlantic Fertilizer Council
Drew Taylor, AGI-Yargus
Thank You to Outgoing Board Member David Dow
The board, along with CAAR staff, would like to thank outgoing board member David Dow of Dow Fertilizers Ltd. Dow was a dedicated board member and the board is grateful for the many contributions he made to the board and to the committees that he chaired.
Join the 2020-21 Board of Directors
Do you want to expand your network, represent your fellow retailers and contribute to the strength of the industry? Take your involvement with CAAR to the next level by joining the CAAR Board of Directors!
If you are interested in putting your name forward, the floor will be open for nominations and the 2020-21 CAAR Board of Directors will be voted on during the AGM on Wednesday, Feb. 12 at the CAAR Conference.
- Get to Know the CAAR Board: Blaine Cochrane The CAAR Communicator sits down for a Q&A with CAAR board member Blaine Cochrane, who currently chairs the finance committee. Q: What is our current role in the agri-retailer sector, and can you give us a litt...
- Get to Know the CAAR Board: Cathi Douglas The CAAR Communicator sits down for a Q&A with Cathi Douglas to learn about her journey through the ag retail industry and involvement with the CAAR Board. Q: What is your current role in the agriretailer sect...
- Get to Know the CAAR Board: Martin Kiefer The CAAR Communicator sits down for a Q&A with board member Martin Kiefer, past board chair and communications committee chair. Q: What is your current role in the ag retail sector, and can you give us a littl...
- The Communicator's April 2020 Issue is now available The April 2020 issue of The Communicator magazine is arriving in print edition and online. This issue contains profile stories on each of the CAAR Choice Awards winners, who were honored for their achievements at the...
- Positions Open for Retail Members on CAAR Board Speak up for the Canadian ag retail industry by lending your time and your voice to the CAAR Board of Directors. If you’re a retail member of CAAR, we want you! CAAR will be voting on new board members at the Annual ...