The 2020 CAAR Conference kicked-off in style this evening at the annual Icebreaker Cocktail Reception. The mood was festive as conference delegates and exhibitors gathered at TCU Place in Saskatoon, Sask. to break the ice and get reacquainted with friends and colleagues from near and far.
For the fourth year, the Icebreaker coincided with Canada’s Ag Day – a fitting occasion to raise a glass (and a fork) to celebrate the industry. Thank you to John Deere Financial for sponsoring the delicious appetizers.
It was truly a pleasure to start conference on such a high note! Join us bright and early tomorrow morning for breakfast on the tradeshow floor at 7:30 a.m., followed by Roundtable Discussions at 8:00.
CAAR Conference Registration Desk
If you were unable to attend the Icebreaker Reception, make the registration desk your first stop on Wednesday morning to pick up your conference pass (required for entry to all conference events) and padfolio. The registration desk is located in the foyer at TCU Place and will be open 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday Agenda Highlights
8:00 – 9:30 a.m.: Roundtable Discussions
Moderated discussions on four different topics will occur concurrently. Space is limited for this focused networking event. If you have not pre-registered, but are interested in joining a discussion, please inquire at the registration desk prior to the start of the session.
9:45 – 10:30 a.m.: Industry Updates
Representatives from CSTA and CropLife will present updates relevant to you and your customers.
Click here for a sneak peek: Industry Update #1
11:15 – 12:00 p.m.: Speaker Session – Sean Mitchell, University of Guelph
“Interpreting the 2019 Canadian Precision Agriculture Dealership Survey Results”
Read about how CAAR worked with U of G to refine and promote the survey: Harvesting Insight
12:20 – 1:45 p.m.: CAAR AGM
Voting members of CAAR are encouraged to participate in the 2020 Annual General Meeting, which will be held during lunch on the tradeshow floor.
1:45 – 2:45 p.m.: Speaker Session – Adelle Stewart, Do More Agriculture Foundation
“Doing More for Mental Health In Ag”
2:45 - 4:00 p.m.: CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction
Get ready to bid and buy on valuable merchandise at CAAR’s annual fundraising auction, hosted on the tradeshow floor. Please visit the CAAR booth for additional silent auction items – winners will be announced during the closing of conference.
3:00 – 5:30 p.m.: Beers of the World, Hilton Garden Inn
Head across the street to the host hotel to sample a variety of beers from around the world. Your 2020 CAAR Conference pass is required for entry to this exclusive networking event, presented by AgResource Connects.
6:00 – 11:00 p.m.: CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet
The biggest night in ag retail will take place on the tradeshow floor at TCU Place. Join us for cocktails at 6:00, followed by dinner and awards from 7:00 – 9:00. Cap off your evening with entertainment from one of Canada’s top comics, Derek Edwards.
Note: A limited number of tickets for the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet are available for purchase at the registration desk.
- Save the Date for the 2021 CAAR Conference Mark your calendars and make plans to join us Feb. 9-11, 2021 for two and a half days of networking, education and professional development in the “City of Champions” – Edmonton, Alberta. Now in its 26th year, the...
- The 2020 CAAR Conference: Embracing Innovation The 2020 CAAR Conference brought ag retailers back to sunny Saskatoon, Sask. for two-and-a-half days of speaker sessions and unbeatable networking opportunities. This year’s conference marked CAAR’s 25th anniversary ...
- CAAR Congratulates the 2020 Conference Survey Winners Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the conference survey. Your feedback on the 2020 CAAR Conference will help us improve future events, including the 2021 CAAR Conference in Edmonton, AB. Everyone wh...
- Your Ultimate Guide to the 2020 CAAR Conference Are you ready for the ag retail event of the year? Please take the time to review these important details ahead of the event to make your arrival at conference a smooth one. We can't wait to welcome you to Saskatoon!...
- "Fork's Up" for Canada’s Agriculture Day Canada’s Agriculture Day is a time for the entire ag industry to celebrate, make meaningful connections and shine a spotlight on Canadian food. Join us on Feb. 11 – in person or in spirit – as we raise our forks and ...