The 2020 CAAR Conference kicked-off in style this evening at the annual Icebreaker Cocktail Reception. The mood was festive as conference delegates and exhibitors gathered at TCU Place in Saskatoon, Sask. to break the ice and get reacquainted with friends and colleagues from near and far.
For the fourth year, the Icebreaker coincided with Canada’s Ag Day – a fitting occasion to raise a glass (and a fork) to celebrate the industry. Thank you to John Deere Financial for sponsoring the delicious appetizers.
It was truly a pleasure to start conference on such a high note! Join us bright and early tomorrow morning for breakfast on the tradeshow floor at 7:30 a.m., followed by Roundtable Discussions at 8:00.
CAAR Conference Registration Desk
If you were unable to attend the Icebreaker Reception, make the registration desk your first stop on Wednesday morning to pick up your conference pass (required for entry to all conference events) and padfolio. The registration desk is located in the foyer at TCU Place and will be open 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday Agenda Highlights
8:00 – 9:30 a.m.: Roundtable Discussions
Moderated discussions on four different topics will occur concurrently. Space is limited for this focused networking event. If you have not pre-registered, but are interested in joining a discussion, please inquire at the registration desk prior to the start of the session.
9:45 – 10:30 a.m.: Industry Updates
Representatives from CSTA and CropLife will present updates relevant to you and your customers.
Click here for a sneak peek: Industry Update #1
11:15 – 12:00 p.m.: Speaker Session – Sean Mitchell, University of Guelph
“Interpreting the 2019 Canadian Precision Agriculture Dealership Survey Results”
Read about how CAAR worked with U of G to refine and promote the survey: Harvesting Insight
12:20 – 1:45 p.m.: CAAR AGM
Voting members of CAAR are encouraged to participate in the 2020 Annual General Meeting, which will be held during lunch on the tradeshow floor.
1:45 – 2:45 p.m.: Speaker Session – Adelle Stewart, Do More Agriculture Foundation
“Doing More for Mental Health In Ag”
2:45 - 4:00 p.m.: CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction
Get ready to bid and buy on valuable merchandise at CAAR’s annual fundraising auction, hosted on the tradeshow floor. Please visit the CAAR booth for additional silent auction items – winners will be announced during the closing of conference.
3:00 – 5:30 p.m.: Beers of the World, Hilton Garden Inn
Head across the street to the host hotel to sample a variety of beers from around the world. Your 2020 CAAR Conference pass is required for entry to this exclusive networking event, presented by AgResource Connects.
6:00 – 11:00 p.m.: CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet
The biggest night in ag retail will take place on the tradeshow floor at TCU Place. Join us for cocktails at 6:00, followed by dinner and awards from 7:00 – 9:00. Cap off your evening with entertainment from one of Canada’s top comics, Derek Edwards.
Note: A limited number of tickets for the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet are available for purchase at the registration desk.
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Speaker Announcement: Justin Funk CAAR is pleased to announce Justin Funk, one of the keynote speakers scheduled to present at the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, will highlight some of the key findings from his Multi-Generational Farm Study as they re...
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Speaker Announcement: Scott Downey CAAR is pleased to announce Scott Downey, one of the keynote speakers scheduled to present at the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, will discuss how the sales and decision-making process has evolved within the farm busin...
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Registration Opens Monday, November 30 Mark your calendars and register for the virtual conference on Monday, November 30, registration is open for attendees and exhibitors. The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference focuses on the business of ag retail and connect...
- Host a Virtual Booth at the 2021 CAAR Conference The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference is a great platform to host your virtual booth and engage with a wider audience to showcase products and services and help drive your business forward. In light of the on-going de...
- Connect with the Ag Retail Industry Through Conference Sponsorship Connect with the agriculture industry to promote your company’s products and services and bring maximum exposure to your brand by being a sponsor of the 2021 CAAR Conference. Continue reading for more information on ...