The 2020 CAAR Conference kicked-off in style this evening at the annual Icebreaker Cocktail Reception. The mood was festive as conference delegates and exhibitors gathered at TCU Place in Saskatoon, Sask. to break the ice and get reacquainted with friends and colleagues from near and far.
For the fourth year, the Icebreaker coincided with Canada’s Ag Day – a fitting occasion to raise a glass (and a fork) to celebrate the industry. Thank you to John Deere Financial for sponsoring the delicious appetizers.
It was truly a pleasure to start conference on such a high note! Join us bright and early tomorrow morning for breakfast on the tradeshow floor at 7:30 a.m., followed by Roundtable Discussions at 8:00.
CAAR Conference Registration Desk
If you were unable to attend the Icebreaker Reception, make the registration desk your first stop on Wednesday morning to pick up your conference pass (required for entry to all conference events) and padfolio. The registration desk is located in the foyer at TCU Place and will be open 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday Agenda Highlights
8:00 – 9:30 a.m.: Roundtable Discussions
Moderated discussions on four different topics will occur concurrently. Space is limited for this focused networking event. If you have not pre-registered, but are interested in joining a discussion, please inquire at the registration desk prior to the start of the session.
9:45 – 10:30 a.m.: Industry Updates
Representatives from CSTA and CropLife will present updates relevant to you and your customers.
Click here for a sneak peek: Industry Update #1
11:15 – 12:00 p.m.: Speaker Session – Sean Mitchell, University of Guelph
“Interpreting the 2019 Canadian Precision Agriculture Dealership Survey Results”
Read about how CAAR worked with U of G to refine and promote the survey: Harvesting Insight
12:20 – 1:45 p.m.: CAAR AGM
Voting members of CAAR are encouraged to participate in the 2020 Annual General Meeting, which will be held during lunch on the tradeshow floor.
1:45 – 2:45 p.m.: Speaker Session – Adelle Stewart, Do More Agriculture Foundation
“Doing More for Mental Health In Ag”
2:45 - 4:00 p.m.: CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction
Get ready to bid and buy on valuable merchandise at CAAR’s annual fundraising auction, hosted on the tradeshow floor. Please visit the CAAR booth for additional silent auction items – winners will be announced during the closing of conference.
3:00 – 5:30 p.m.: Beers of the World, Hilton Garden Inn
Head across the street to the host hotel to sample a variety of beers from around the world. Your 2020 CAAR Conference pass is required for entry to this exclusive networking event, presented by AgResource Connects.
6:00 – 11:00 p.m.: CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet
The biggest night in ag retail will take place on the tradeshow floor at TCU Place. Join us for cocktails at 6:00, followed by dinner and awards from 7:00 – 9:00. Cap off your evening with entertainment from one of Canada’s top comics, Derek Edwards.
Note: A limited number of tickets for the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet are available for purchase at the registration desk.
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (Oct. – Dec. 2020) Learn about CAAR's activities in our latest Quarterly At-A-Glance, providing an overview of how we represented and advocated on behalf of ag retailers across Canada from October to December 2020. MEMBERSHIP CAAR ...
- Last Chance to Watch Speaker Sessions from the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Don’t forget your CAAR Conference registration provides you even more value by giving you the opportunity to rewatch all 23 speaker sessions, download the contacts you made during the event and earn up to 9.5 CCA cre...
- Thank You for Attending #CAARcon On behalf of the CAAR Staff, Board of Directors and Conference Committee, thank you to everyone who attended the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference and making it a successful event! The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, hos...
- Now online – Read the Feb. 2021 CAAR Communicator Read the February 2021 CAAR Communicator – available online now! The last issue of the CAAR Communicator before the annual CAAR Conference gives you the scoop on the virtual event from Feb. 9-11, plus important annou...
- CAAR Conference: Educate. Engage. Evolve Our virtual event is an interactive, online experience, providing ag retailers with an opportunity to educate themselves through informative sessions and group discussions, engage with exhibitors and other attendees ...