After several years of industry discussion and study, Fertilizer Canada is pleased to share the final revised Anhydous Ammonia Code of Practice (Code) on their website.
Fertilizer Canada has worked with the Ammonia Code Technical Committee and the Fertilizer Safety and Security Council to finalize the changes to the Code, which will take effect on January 1, 2017.
Amendments in the 2017 version of the code include clarifications to the following:
- Lapsed certification
- Vapour containment
- Maintenance schedules
- Other best practices
The most significant change in the Code is the addition of Section C10.5 relating to pull-away protection on nurse tanks.
In their mission to maintain farm and retail safety, protect agriculture’s social license to operate and address compliance challenges, Fertilizer Canada aims to revise the Code at least every five years. Future considerations will include proposed amendments that have been deferred for this review period, including siting requirements, enforcement procedure and phase-out of tanks of concern.
- The Fertilizers of the Future CAAR’s executive director Mitch Rezansoff recently attended three days of meetings in Ottawa on the future of fertilizer. The CFIA’s Fertilizer Workshop, Fertilizer Canada’s Fertilizer Products Forum and The Fertiliz...
- Saskatchewan Ammonia Dealers: 2020 SGI Permit Now Available Online Saskatchewan members – CAAR has once again successfully renewed the SGI Letter of Approval to Anhydrous Ammonia or Fertilizer Distributors, expiring Dec. 31, 2020. This letter is available for Saskatchewan CAAR me...
- CAAR Issued Equivalency Certificate SH 11960.2 CAAR is pleased to announce that it has received an Equivalency Certificate from Transport Canada which provides certain variances from the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) B622 Standard related to pressure testi...
- Global Fertilizer Day is October 13 The Canadian fertilizer industry has a lot to be proud of, and CAAR would like to encourage all of its members to celebrate the advancements and achievements of the industry by participating in Global Fertilizer Day ...
- Reminder: Updated E2 Regulations Now in Force CAAR is reminding retailers that the Environmental Emergency Regulations, 2019 have come into effect as of Saturday, August 24, 2019. Please continue reading for important information. If you haven’t yet had the o...