This year, CAAR is pleased to add an exciting new networking opportunity to the conference agenda – Roundtable Discussions. These moderated, collaborative discussions are a great way to kick off day-one of the 2019 CAAR Conference and a terrific opportunity to both share knowledge and gain perspective on a topic that is relevant to you.
Whether you are a seasoned veteran of the industry or just starting out, there is a place for you at the table. Join us for a lively, topical discussion and get your conference networking off to a great start!
Discussions will happen concurrently and are designed to address specific areas of business, including Retail Management, Sales & Customer Service, Safety & Training, and Technology & Services. Please see below for descriptions of each discussion and choose the one that resonates the most with you.
Retail Management (open to retail management only)
Are you a key decision maker in your retail business? Then this session is for you! The moderator will keep the conversation at an executive level to ensure that managers have a chance to exchange ideas and share concerns that are shaping their business.
Who should attend: managers, owners, c-suite executives
Sales & Customer Service
Whether you are an established sales leader or are new to the industry and looking for some sales and service advice from the folks who know it best, this session is for you! The moderator will focus this discussion on issues affected sales and customer service. Share your perspective and learn from others in this collaborative conversation.
Who should attend: sales staff, sales managers, retail agronomists, new hires
Safety & Training
Is it your job to ensure that your team is safe, up to date on training and aware of regulatory concerns? You need to be here. Safety is paramount and your team needs to be protected. No matter the size of your business, this conversation is for you.
Who should attend: safety supervisors, training instructors, administrators, HR managers, new hires
Technology & Services
Do you love to learn about new tech and tools? This session is for you. This discussion will focus on the latest and greatest, and what it takes to stay up to date in an industry that is constantly evolving. Share your insight into technology and how it serves your business best.
Who should attend: sales teams, agronomists, precision tech, applicators, IT, developers
Don’t miss out! Space is limited, so be sure to sign-up for your chosen topic today!
• If you have not yet registered for the 2019 CAAR Conference, you can sign up for your preferred Roundtable Discussion when you register. (Reminder: the earlybird registration deadline is fast-approaching – sign up before Dec. 1 and SAVE up to $70 on your conference pass!)
• If you have already registered for the 2019 CAAR Conference, but have not signed up for Roundtable Discussions, please call Lisa Defoort at 204-989-9313 to secure your seat.
- Panel Discussion: Mergers and Acquisitions Four industry leaders provided their insight into the recent wave of mergers and acquisitions and shared their advice for ag retailers during the 2019 CAAR Conference. From left to right: Al DriverBayer CropScien...
- Retailer of the Year: South Country Co-op South Country Co-op (South Country) prides itself on its commitment to creating safe and productive workplaces. The company is known for investing highly in its staff and empowers team members to take ownership and m...
- The 2019 CAAR Conference Ag retailers from across the country gathered in Winnipeg, Man. for education, inspiration and unbeatable networking opportunities at the Ag Retail Event of the Year. Ag retailers from across the country gathered ...
- Save the Date for the 2020 CAAR Conference! The 25th annual CAAR Conference will be held Feb. 11-13, 2020 in Saskatoon, SK! Mark your calendars and make plans to join us for two and a half days of networking, professional development and education in “the Pari...
- Ag Retailers Celebrated for Making a Difference The Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers honoured five Canadian ag retailers for their outstanding achievements in business, community and stewardship. The winners received their awards in the company of their peer...