We would like to thank our members who renewed their CAAR membership for the 2020/21 year and continued their investment with us.
View CAAR's Q2 Quarterly At-A-Glance (October - December 2020)
View CAAR's Q3 Quarterly At-A-Glance (January - March 2021)
Without the loyalty and support of our members, we would not be able to continuously produce valuable programs and services as well as advocate on behalf of Canada’s ag retailers.
- 568 CAAR Members
- 351 Retailers
- 156 Suppliers
- 10 Consultants
- 1 Media
- 50 Affiliates
- 5 New Members
- 51 New Member Locations
Advocacy & Industry Participation
CAAR’s active participation in industry groups, committees and meetings ensure that Canadian ag retailers are represented consistently.
In 2020/21 Q1, CAAR was engaged in:
- Online webinar hosted by the Canadian Plant Technology Agency (CPTA) outlining the pilot program implemented to test how the Seed Variety Use Agreement (SVUA) will work in the real world.
- Cereals MRL Assessment Committee to review two products, Pydiflumetofen (Miravis Ace) for use on wheat and Trinexapac (Moddus) for use on wheat and barley.
- Online webinar hosted by the Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST) presenting highlights of their newest CAST Commentary “The Importance of Communicating Empirically Based Science for Society”. This was a good companion piece for our article titled “Empowering Farmers to Build Public Trust” in the August 2020 CAAR Communicator.
- Numerous Fertilizer Canada Committee meetings representing the interest and needs of Canadian retailers and stakeholders.
- 4R MB Memorandum of Understanding and 4R Communications Working Group.
- The COVID-19 Information Sharing Stakeholder conference calls hosted by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) in conjunction with Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). CAAR continues to monitor and share details of programs and issues addressed within the calls.
- Transport Canada’s Client Identification Database (CID), focuses on sites handling transport-related activities of Dangerous Goods (DG).
- The Prairie Climate Centre (PPC) at the University of Winnipeg works closely with farmers, ranchers and other industry stakeholders with a mandate to provide agricultural relevant climate services within the Prairie region. The Stakeholder Input focus group requested CAAR participate and provide perspective of Canadian ag retails supporting agriculture production.
The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference: Educate. Engage. Evolve.
In light of the on-going developments with COVID-19, CAAR has chosen to host the 2021 CAAR Conference virtually from February 9 - 11, 2021.
The CAAR Conference committee has been working hard to build an event that focuses on the needs of ag retailers. We’ve teamed up with SwapCard to facilitate the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, enabling attendees and exhibitors to engage through a virtual platform.
Pro-Ag Investments Auction
The Pro-Ag Investments Auction will be hosted online from Feb. 9 – 11, 2021. Last year we raised over $80,000. We hope to have another successful auction!
To facilitate the online auction, we have teamed up with CharityAuctionsToday, making it easier for you to bid on auction products from the comfort of your home or office.
Proceeds from the auction directly support CAAR’s advocacy activities, support of industry initiatives, agricultural scholarships, upgrades to existing programs and services and the development of new ones.
CAAR saves you time and money with exclusive training programs, specifically catering to the needs of the ag retailer.
In Q1, the Safety and the Farmer online training had tremendous success with a 265 percent increase in participation from trainees.
Q1 - Online Trainees: 3,046
- 545 – Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
- 1786 – Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety & The Farmer - TDG Certification
- 315 – TDG Fundamentals: Retailer TDG Certification
- 367 – WHMIS 2015
- 24 – Nurse Tank Safety Program
- 9 – Others
Q1 - In Person Trainees: 66
- 66 – Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
- CAAR News CAAR membership renewal, investment fundraising & Perk$ 2023/24 Membership Renewal Reminder CAAR’s 2023/24 membership renewal notices will be sent out on June 1, 2023. Fees remain unchanged and will continue ...
- Is Canada using science or not for decision-making? Canada’s Chief Science Adviser needs to use science By Andrew Joseph Time and again, the Canadian government attempts to placate the agricultural sector by stating that it does employ science-based facts when ma...
- CAAR invites members to listen to live webinar: Let’s Talk About Burnout Tune into Let’s Talk About Burnout, a live session on mental health from the Talk It Out video series, presented by Louise Sanders from the Stress Experts tonight at 6:00 pm MST. More information and session regis...
- 2024 CAAR Conference This is the official page of the 2024 CAAR Conference! We are working on something exciting. More information will be available soon, so watch for updates. Sincerely, The CAAR Team...
- Get in on the CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction The Pro-Ag Investment Auction will re-open for one week, starting Tuesday, February 28, and ending Tuesday, March 7, so bidders can get their hands on some great discounted items and services for a good cause. Th...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.