We would like to thank our members who renewed their CAAR membership for the 2020/21 year and continued their investment with us.
Without the loyalty and support of our members, we would not be able to continuously produce valuable programs and services as well as advocate on behalf of Canada’s ag retailers.
- 568 CAAR Members
- 351 Retailers
- 156 Suppliers
- 10 Consultants
- 1 Media
- 50 Affiliates
- 5 New Members
- 51 New Member Locations
Advocacy & Industry Participation
CAAR’s active participation in industry groups, committees and meetings ensure that Canadian ag retailers are represented consistently.
In 2020/21 Q1, CAAR was engaged in:
- Online webinar hosted by the Canadian Plant Technology Agency (CPTA) outlining the pilot program implemented to test how the Seed Variety Use Agreement (SVUA) will work in the real world.
- Cereals MRL Assessment Committee to review two products, Pydiflumetofen (Miravis Ace) for use on wheat and Trinexapac (Moddus) for use on wheat and barley.
- Online webinar hosted by the Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST) presenting highlights of their newest CAST Commentary “The Importance of Communicating Empirically Based Science for Society”. This was a good companion piece for our article titled “Empowering Farmers to Build Public Trust” in the August 2020 CAAR Communicator.
- Numerous Fertilizer Canada Committee meetings representing the interest and needs of Canadian retailers and stakeholders.
- 4R MB Memorandum of Understanding and 4R Communications Working Group.
- The COVID-19 Information Sharing Stakeholder conference calls hosted by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) in conjunction with Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). CAAR continues to monitor and share details of programs and issues addressed within the calls.
- Transport Canada’s Client Identification Database (CID), focuses on sites handling transport-related activities of Dangerous Goods (DG).
- The Prairie Climate Centre (PPC) at the University of Winnipeg works closely with farmers, ranchers and other industry stakeholders with a mandate to provide agricultural relevant climate services within the Prairie region. The Stakeholder Input focus group requested CAAR participate and provide perspective of Canadian ag retails supporting agriculture production.
The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference: Educate. Engage. Evolve.
In light of the on-going developments with COVID-19, CAAR has chosen to host the 2021 CAAR Conference virtually from February 9 - 11, 2021.
The CAAR Conference committee has been working hard to build an event that focuses on the needs of ag retailers. We’ve teamed up with SwapCard to facilitate the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, enabling attendees and exhibitors to engage through a virtual platform.
Pro-Ag Investments Auction
The Pro-Ag Investments Auction will be hosted online from Feb. 9 – 11, 2021. Last year we raised over $80,000. We hope to have another successful auction!
To facilitate the online auction, we have teamed up with CharityAuctionsToday, making it easier for you to bid on auction products from the comfort of your home or office.
Proceeds from the auction directly support CAAR’s advocacy activities, support of industry initiatives, agricultural scholarships, upgrades to existing programs and services and the development of new ones.
CAAR saves you time and money with exclusive training programs, specifically catering to the needs of the ag retailer.
In Q1, the Safety and the Farmer online training had tremendous success with a 265 percent increase in participation from trainees.
Q1 - Online Trainees: 3,046
- 545 – Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
- 1786 – Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety & The Farmer - TDG Certification
- 315 – TDG Fundamentals: Retailer TDG Certification
- 367 – WHMIS 2015
- 24 – Nurse Tank Safety Program
- 9 – Others
Q1 - In Person Trainees: 66
- 66 – Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: David Parker CAAR is pleased to announce David Parker, one of the keynote speakers scheduled to present at the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, who will outline the abilities, capabilities, and focus required to navigate our excitin...
- The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference: Educate. Engage. Evolve. The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference focuses on the business of ag retail and connecting the agriculture industry. With attendee passes starting at $125, register today for the virtual event hosted from February 9-11, 20...
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Speaker Announcement: Scott Downey CAAR is pleased to announce Scott Downey, one of the keynote speakers scheduled to present at the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, will discuss how the sales and decision-making process has evolved within the farm busin...
- The 2021 CAAR Conference Is Going Virtual The health and safety of CAAR Conference attendees are of utmost importance to us, in light of the on-going developments with COVID-19, we have chosen to host the 2021 CAAR Conference virtually from February 9 - 11, ...
- Reminder: CAAR Membership Renewals Due June 30th CAAR members are in the process of receiving membership renewal information and we’re encouraging all members to renew for the 2020-21 year. Don't delay - membership renewals are due June 30, 2020. CAAR is a membe...