CAAR recognizes the hard work our members do every day ensuring farm customers have you as a valued resource for their operations. This same commitment to your success is our focus every day and we look to continue to build value for you and your business. Keep reading for highlights of how we worked on your behalf in 2019/20.
Focused on defending, protecting and enhancing the business of Canadian ag retail, CAAR has been working hard on behalf of our members through efforts in advocacy, regulatory compliance and collaboration with industry groups and committees.
CAAR has released its annual Year At-A-Glance to give you an overview of how we represented ag retailers across Canada and advocated on their behalf in 2019/20.
- Advocacy: At Provincial and Federal levels, CAAR advocated on behalf of the Canadian ag retail industry to be recognized as an essential service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Regulatory Compliance: CAAR updated the NTSP QC Manual to reflect numerous changes within the CSA B620/622 standards.
- Industry Collaboration: CAAR worked with Transport Canada to obtain Equivalency and Temporary Certificates ensuring the continued supply of anhydrous ammonia for the 2020 season during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CAAR Conference: Hosted in Saskatoon, SK, CAAR celebrated its 25th anniversary at the 2020 CAAR Conference.
- CAAR Pro-Ag Investments: The Pro-Ag Investments Auction raised over $80,000 for funds used to support CAAR’s operations and activities.
- Training: CAAR provided training to over 3,000 individuals in over 250 companies.
Click here to view the complete 2019/20 Year At-A-Glance.
CAAR Membership Renewals
CAAR members are in the process of receiving membership renewal information and we’re encouraging all members to renew for the 2020-21 year.
CAAR is a member-driven association and its success is guided by the size of membership it represents. Every member makes a difference and strengthens the voice of CAAR.
- Membership Renewal Reminder: Why CAAR Membership Benefits Your Business CAAR Membership Renewals are being sent this week, please watch your inbox for invoices. Membership with CAAR enables you to focus your attention on your business; while trusting CAAR to share the regulatory, compli...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (January – March 2022) CAAR was busy in the first quarter of 2022 - we know it's hard to keep up with everything. Learn about CAAR's activities in our first Quarterly At-A-Glance of 2022, providing an overview of how we represented and adv...
- CAAR welcomes LeftField Commodity Research as a CAAR Perk$ Partner CAAR welcomes LeftField Commodity Research as a CAAR Perk$ Partner. Leftfield is eager to assist agri-retailers in providing added value to their customers and to strengthen relationships between ag retailers and the...
- CAAR Volunteers Drive Advocacy CAAR fights on your behalf for issues and regulations that impact your business. CAAR strives to bring your perspective - the perspective of ag retailers - to regulators before decisions are made, and CAAR works to e...
- Happy New Year! CAAR thanks you for your continued support of the association. We’re looking forward to serving you again in 2022! Membership with CAAR is an investment and solidifies not only the strength, but the long-term sust...