Take advantage of discounted rates for CAAR members and ensure all individuals who will be handling or transporting NH3 are adequately trained with the right skills and knowledge and hold a valid certificate.
CAAR’s Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification covers the following topics:
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal ProtectionTheft, Crystal Meth and NH3
Successful participants of CAAR’s Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification course will receive:
TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
CAAR Members Save on Registration
CAAR is committed to member value and provides this training to its members at a discounted rate of $95.00.
“The ability to equip staff with the right training and certification quickly, effectively and at a reasonable cost is imperative for a retailer’s ability to do business,” says Mitch Rezansoff, Executive Director of CAAR. “CAAR is proud to continue providing this valuable training to our members.”
This course is offered both online and through in-person training. Click here to sign up for the online training course today.
Please note, CAAR’s Nurse Tank Safety Training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
- CAAR Launches New Voluntary B620 Identification Decal Program CAAR is pleased to announce the launch of a new voluntary decal program to help assist in the easy identification of post weld and non-post weld heated anhydrous ammonia tanks and nurse wagons. CAAR has developed ...
- Continued Education and Training through CAAR CAAR understands the need to support the development of your team, and offers custom training and education opportunities to ensure your team has the information they need to stay safe and succeed. In addition to ...
- Don’t Miss NTSP Training in Brandon Haven’t registered for live NTSP Safety Training in Brandon? Don’t miss this chance to review testing and inspection requirements of the CSA B620/B622 Safety Standards and receive 3-year safety certification or re-ce...
- Compliance Reminder: B620 Changes in Effect CAAR is reminding all members that they must adhere to the updated B620-14 Standard to remain in compliance with Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations. Under the new standard, visual inspections for all anhyd...
- NTSP Safety Training in Brandon - Register Now! The Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers is pleased to host NTSP Safety Training covering the testing and inspection requirements of the CSA B620 and CSA B622 Safety Standards. This seminar will include hands-on...