Take advantage of discounted rates for CAAR members and ensure all individuals who will be handling or transporting NH3 are adequately trained with the right skills and knowledge and hold a valid certificate.
CAAR’s Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification covers the following topics:
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal ProtectionTheft, Crystal Meth and NH3
Successful participants of CAAR’s Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification course will receive:
TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
CAAR Members Save on Registration
CAAR is committed to member value and provides this training to its members at a discounted rate of $95.00.
“The ability to equip staff with the right training and certification quickly, effectively and at a reasonable cost is imperative for a retailer’s ability to do business,” says Mitch Rezansoff, Executive Director of CAAR. “CAAR is proud to continue providing this valuable training to our members.”
This course is offered both online and through in-person training. Click here to sign up for the online training course today.
Please note, CAAR’s Nurse Tank Safety Training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
- CCA once again offering a series of live online tutorials to help those taking CCA exam CCA is once again launching a series of live online tutorials to assist individuals seeking to write the CCA exam to be better prepared. Tom Jensen and Carol Holt will be the presenters. The next CCA exam date is...
- Nurse Tank Training Information Are you interested in obtaining your Tank Inspector & Tester certification? The Nurse Tank Safety Program Training is required for the inspection, test, and retesting of nurse tanks and applicator tanks for th...
- Feds Want Your Help to Resolve the Canadian Ag Labour Shortage New National Agricultural Labour Strategy is looking for solutions to Canadian workforce challenges, shortages and retention. It’s your chance to provide an answer for a national conundrum. On June 27, 2022, the G...
- Quarterly At-A-Glance (January – March 2022) CAAR was busy in the first quarter of 2022 - we know it's hard to keep up with everything. Learn about CAAR's activities in our first Quarterly At-A-Glance of 2022, providing an overview of how we represented and adv...
- April 23 CAAR Virtual Safety Officer Training This month, send your staff to get their 3-year Safety Officer certification or re-certification at a comprehensive one-day Virtual NTSP training session. The Nurse Tank Safety Training (NTSP) course outlines the ...