Take advantage of discounted rates for CAAR members and ensure all individuals who will be handling or transporting NH3 are adequately trained with the right skills and knowledge and hold a valid certificate.
CAAR’s Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification covers the following topics:
- Chemical Properties and Characteristics
- TDG and WHMIS Regulations
- Site Safety and Security
- Transferring procedures including loading a nurse tank from a storage facility, loading a field delivery unit from a storage facility, loading from a field delivery unit to a nurse tank, and connecting a nurse tank to an applicator,
- Emergency Response
- First Aid and Personal ProtectionTheft, Crystal Meth and NH3
Successful participants of CAAR’s Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification course will receive:
TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
CAAR Members Save on Registration
CAAR is committed to member value and provides this training to its members at a discounted rate of $95.00.
“The ability to equip staff with the right training and certification quickly, effectively and at a reasonable cost is imperative for a retailer’s ability to do business,” says Mitch Rezansoff, Executive Director of CAAR. “CAAR is proud to continue providing this valuable training to our members.”
This course is offered both online and through in-person training. Click here to sign up for the online training course today.
Please note, CAAR’s Nurse Tank Safety Training is NOT VALID until the employer signs and sends in a “hands-on check sheet” confirming the employer’s satisfaction with the trainee’s knowledge of handling of anhydrous ammonia.
- CAAR's Industry Committee Participation As a CAAR member, you help support your association’s advocacy activities. In turn, when important industry issues and initiatives are brought forward, your association can help represent your interests by ensuring y...
- Register Non-Member Branch Locations Today! Is each of your company’s locations represented through CAAR membership? By registering all of your company’s non-member branch locations, you can ensure they are covered by CAAR’s advocacy and regulatory support, tr...
- CAAR Membership: Renew Today Now’s the time to renew your CAAR membership for the 2019-2020 season! When you’re represented by the only national association dedicated to advancing the business of Canadian ag retail, you have an advocate with a u...
- Stock Up on Spring Essentials CAAR Mart makes it easy for ag retailers to order essential items to support their operation’s safety, compliance and training with special pricing available for members. Read more for a selection of merchandise avai...
- Be Safe, Stay Safe – Training Opportunities for Retailers With the start of another growing season comes the need for a renewed vigilance to safety and awareness. CAAR has a number of resources available to keep you, your employees, your customers and the general public saf...