As an agri-retailer, growers are relying on your expertise to provide solutions to the sustainability demands of consumers, and it is important to demonstrate your dedication to and knowledge of the framework.
In a 2017 survey, 57 per cent of growers stated they rely on their agri-retailer for 4R Nutrient Stewardship advice. Fertilizer Canada provides two ways for agri-retailers to align their business practices with the principles of 4R Nutrient Stewardship: Fertilizer Canada’s national 4R Designation and 4R Certification in Ontario offer agri-retailers a way to formally align with 4R Nutrient Stewardship – making it easier than ever to provide advice on the gold-standard for sustainable agriculture.
4R Designation is a program that allows agri-retailers across Canada (exempting Ontario, where 4R Certification applies – see below) to formalize their commitment to 4R Nutrient Stewardship as a way to promote their expertise to their grower customers. By becoming 4R Designated, agri-retail businesses will provide the sustainable nutrient management advice their growers are relying on.
Becoming 4R Designated takes just four steps:
- 4R Attestation
- Speaking to Your Grower Customers
- Get Your Acres Counted
Visit Fertilizer Canada to find the four-step toolkit for becoming 4R Designated.
4R Certification in Ontario is designed to allow agri-retailers to demonstrate their commitment to sustainable agriculture practices through 4R Nutrient Stewardship as verified by a third-party audit of 37 standards. 4R Certified agri-retailers offer their growers the best in sustainable nutrient management advice to address social, environmental and economic challenges.
Becoming 4R Certified takes just four steps:
- Learn More About 4R Certification
- Gather the Required Evidence for Your 4R Certification Audit
- Book Your 4R Certification Pre-Audit
- Schedule Your 4R Certification Audit
Visit Fertilizer Canada for more information on becoming 4R Certified in Ontario.
Agri-retailers who become 4R Certified or 4R Designated are also helping to quantify the spread of sustainable agriculture in Canada, as the acres they manage are counted under Fertilizer Canada’s goal of capturing 20 million acres under 4R Nutrient Stewardship by 2020.
- 4R Practices Gaining Popularity in Ontario 4R Certification is making waves by helping ag retailers demonstrate Great Lakes Stewardship. CAAR’s executive director Mitch Rezansoff says the safe handling of anhydrous ammonia shouldn’t end with the delivery t...
- Save the Date: 4R Manitoba Field Tour CAAR invites its Manitoba members to join Fertilizer Canada and Double Diamond Farm Supply to see the 4R principles in action and learn about integrating 4R into the Manitoba environment at the 4R Manitoba Summer Fie...
- CAAR Member Achieves 4R Certification The Cottam branch of CAAR retailer member Setterington's Fertilizer Service Ltd. has recently become the third agriculture nutrient service provider to achieve Ontario 4R Certification, a program administered by Fert...
- Soil Conservation Week 2019 Every day, ag retailers across the country demonstrate a commitment to helping their customers protect Canada’s precious agricultural soils for future generations. During National Soil Conservation Week, CAAR thanks ...
- Mitch Rezansoff Attends Fertilizer Canada’s Parliamentary Forum CAAR Executive Director Mitch Rezansoff travelled to Ottawa to meet with Members of Parliament and industry colleagues during Fertilizer Canada’s annual Parliamentary Forum from April 9-10. Read more for a summary of...