CAAR welcomes Nikeisha to the team!
CAAR is delighted to welcome Nikeisha Paul-Hunnighan to the Marketing, Communications & Event Management role with the association. Nikeisha has a variety of experiences centered on creative strategy, content creation, editing, brand messaging, and event management. Most recently she worked as a content marketing strategist with Globe Property Management. Nikeisha has a Bachelor of Arts in English and Gender Studies from the University of Manitoba, and a Post-Graduate Certificate in Public Relations and Communications from Humber College. Please join us in welcoming Nikeisha.
U of Manitoba CAAR Agronomy Award Winner Announced
CAAR annually presents an Agronomy Award of $1,000 to a deserving agriculture student at the University of Manitoba. Congratulations to Kevin Jungbluth on winning this award. Jungbluth was also awarded the Governor General’s Bronze Medal for Highest Standing in the Two-Year Diploma Program.
2023 CAAR Conference and Tradeshow
The 2023 CAAR Conference and Tradeshow will be hosted at the Westin Edmonton in Alberta February 7 to 9, 2023. It will be great to meet in person and see one another again. Join us to stay up to date on what’s important, and to help you develop strategies to support the health of your business, the ag retail industry, and the agriculture industry overall. We invite all ag retailers from across Canada to join us.
The 2023 CAAR Conference presentations will include a look at the state of Canadian Retail Businesses, Fertilizer Outlook, Carbon Market Opportunities to name just a few. Attendees can earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through registering and attending our event, more details will be released about how to sign up and claim your credits. Exhibitor and sponsor opportunities are also available. Contact Lady Gabilo at 204-989-9304 for more information.
2023 CAAR Retailer Hall of Fame Awards
Do you know someone who stood out and has made the extra effort for the ag retail industry? Someone who should be nominated for the Retailer Hall of Fame award? The Retailer Hall of Fame award recognizes an individual who has consistently demonstrated exceptional performance over time in serving his or her customers, industry, and association. Your nominations can be made on the CAAR website. If anyone has any questions about the CAAR award nomination process, please contact Lady Gabilo at 204-989-9304.
Agronomist of the Year Award
Do you know an Agronomist who consistently exceeds expectations through dedication to their field and their agronomic knowledge? Nominate your Agronomist for the Agronomist of the Year Award. In addition to being recognized as a leader in the ag retail industry, the winning individual receives an award plaque to display at their office, $1,000 prize, a one-page article featured in the CAAR Communicator and CAAR Network, and is also inducted into the CAAR Awards honour roll. Nominations can be made on the CAAR website. If you have any questions about the CAAR award nomination process, please contact Lady Gabilo at 204-989-9304.
Support CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction
The CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction will be held during the 2023 CAAR conference and online. The Pro-Ag Investment’s Auction is CAAR’s only fundraiser, contributing up to 10 per cent of the association’s annual revenue. Proceeds from the auction directly support CAAR’s advocacy activities, support of industry initiatives, agricultural scholarships, upgrades to existing programs and services and the development of new ones. Show your support by donating an item for the auction.
If you are interested in donating product to the CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction, please contact Mitch Rezansoff at 204-989-9303.
- CCA once again offering a series of live online tutorials to help those taking CCA exam CCA is once again launching a series of live online tutorials to assist individuals seeking to write the CCA exam to be better prepared. Tom Jensen and Carol Holt will be the presenters. The next CCA exam date is...
- Great expectations Canadian predictions for corn, soybeans, and wheat and the dickens of a time it may have as it plays out against the complex machinations of a global background. By Andrew Joseph, Editor Canadian agriculture has...
- Reconciling the Barton Report with Recent Proposed Policy Changes Dr. Stuart Smyth said that environmental sustainability is more important than economic sustainability By Dr. Stuart Smyth, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Saskatchewan At the 202...
- CAAR News CAAR membership renewal, investment fundraising & Perk$ 2023/24 Membership Renewal Reminder CAAR’s 2023/24 membership renewal notices will be sent out on June 1, 2023. Fees remain unchanged and will continue ...
- Strategies to support your intern Are you considering a summer intern? Do you already have one lined up? By AgCareers.com Are you considering a summer intern? Do you already have one lined up? A summer internship is a professional learning exper...