Stay on top of trends and ahead of the curve at Canada's premiere agri-retail event.
Producers turn to their agri-retailer for advice when making decisions about their farm equipment, inputs and production. Agri-retailers are their trusted experts, and a source of essential information that helps them stay efficient, effective and safe.
To build on that trust and strengthen that relationship, it is essential for Canada’s agri-retailers to stay on top of trends and ahead of the curve. The CAAR Conference is where agri-retailers come to enhance their expertise and expand their knowledge of the latest industry innovations and information, in order to continue to deliver exceptional value to their farm customers.
Agenda Sneak Peek
This is a preliminary agenda. All times and speakers are subject to change. To view the latest and complete version click here.
TUESDAY, FEB. 14
- Pre-Conference Workshop
- Icebreaker Cocktail Reception
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 15
- ‘Understanding Farmer Motivation’ – Speaker: Kevin Hursh
- Speaker Panel: ‘Be the Expert: Build Your Business While Supporting Industry Initiatives’
- Innovation Showdown
- CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet – Comedian Darrin Rose
THURSDAY, FEB. 16
- Breakfast on the Tradeshow Floor
- Celebrating the 1st Annual Canadian Agriculture Day
- ‘The Economic Factors Driving Agriculture Today’ – Speaker: Jean-Philippe Gervais
- ‘Take the Lead with your Customers’ – Speaker: Michelle Ray
Speakers may be subject to change.
Kevin Hursh is one of the country’s top agricultural commentators. He is an agrologist, journalist and farmer. Kevin and his wife Marlene run Hursh Consulting & Communications based in Saskatoon, and own and operate a grain farm near Cabri in southwestern Saskatchewan, growing a wide array of crops.
Darrin Rose is a stand-up comedian, best known for hosting the Canadian remake of Match Game and co-starring on CBC’s Mr. D.
J.P. Gervais is the chief agricultural economist at Farm Credit Canada, with over 20 years of experience analyzing domestic and international agricultural policies and markets. He has frequently been a featured speaker at conferences, addressing global trends and the linkages to agri-food markets.
Michelle Ray is an international business keynote speaker, entrepreneur, author and educator who demonstrates a deep understanding of the importance of self-leadership in business and in life. In her 20 years as a business conference speaker, she has addressed groups for notable clients such as Proctor & Gamble, Shell and Xerox.
Earlybird CAAR Member: $375 (before December 2, 2016. Online registration opens October 24, 2016)
Non-CAAR Member: $675
CAAR's Choice Awards Banquet Tickets: $145
Liquor Tickets (pack of 5): $47.62
Key Dates to Remember
July 15, 2016:
Exhibitor registration opens
September 2, 2016:
Deadline for registered exhibitors and sponsors to be included in the CAAR Conference Registration Guide
October 24, 2016:
Delegate registration opens
December 2, 2016:
Exhibitor registration closes
December 2, 2016:
Earlybird CAAR member registration deadline
December 2, 2016:
CAAR's Choice Awards nominations deadline
January 22, 2017:
Hotel reservation deadline
January 27, 2017:
Delegate conference registration closes
CAAR's Choice Awards Banquet
Celebrate the achievements of your industry peers at the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet. The awards dinner recognizes the accomplishments of some of the best and brightest in the agri-retail sector.
Tickets for the banquet will be available after October 24, 2016.
Plan early for a great conference experience by booking your hotel room today at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. CAAR has negotiated room blocks at an exclusive price for conference attendees.
Click here to book your hotel room today.
Rates start at $209/night with daily self-parking for $20. The reservation deadline is January 22, 2017.
NEW! The Innovation Showdown
Exhibitors will have the chance to compete for audience favour and the ultimate bragging rights at this all-new game show-style session! Each contestant will be given two minutes on stage to convince the crowd that their product, offer or service is the greatest with a fun, creative and dynamic presentation. The sky is the limit!
Click here for more information on the Innovation Showdown.
Banff Shuttle Service
Receive a 20% discount on the Banff Airporter’s scheduled shuttle service between the Calgary airport and Banff. Simply visit www.banffairporter.com and use the promo code CAAR2017, or call 1-888-449-2901 and mention you are a CAAR Conference attendee, to receive the discount.
Promote your business, grow your network and get a direct connection to Canada’s agri-retailers by exhibiting at the 2017 CAAR Conference Tradeshow. Exhibitors will look forward to an inclusive tradeshow floor layout and dedicated time for client meetings.
Exhibitor Registration Fees:
- 8’ x 10’ Premium Booth Space: $1,395
- 8’ x 10’ Standard Booth Space: $1,295
Exhibitor registration is now open and is over 85% sold.
Click here to learn more and become an exhibitor today.
Want detailed information on the conference agenda, registration, workshops and more?
Look out for the 2017 CAAR Conference Registration Guide - arriving in mailboxes in October!
Click here to visit the 2017 CAAR Conference homepage for detailed and up-to-the-minute information.
- 2023 CAAR Conference Highlights Thank you to all conference attendees for making this year's event a great success. A big congratulations to all of the winners at the 2023 CAAR Choice Award Banquet in Edmonton. The four awards which were prese...
- Get in on the CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction The Pro-Ag Investment Auction will re-open for one week, starting Tuesday, February 28, and ending Tuesday, March 7, so bidders can get their hands on some great discounted items and services for a good cause. Th...
- CAAR Conference Speakers Announced: Johnathan Berkshire Miller CAAR is delighted to announce Johnathan Berkshire Miller will be a keynote speaker at the 2023 CAAR Conference in February. The theme for the 2023 CAAR Conference is Challenges and Opportunities Ahead. Jonathan...
- 2023 CAAR Conference Registration Now Open Registration for the 2023 CAAR Conference Challenges & Opportunities Ahead! is now open. The in-person 2023 CAAR Conference and Tradeshow will be held at the Westin Edmonton in Alberta, February 6 to 8, 202...
- Why attend 2023 CAAR Conference The 2023 in-person CAAR Conference will provide you with an opportunity to stay up to date on the latest issues in ag retail -- there are several important issues facing the industry. Topics that will impact the futu...
Join the discussion...
You must be logged in as a CAAR member to comment.