The CAAR Conference offers an excellent opportunity for agriculture professionals to connect, learn and receive important industry information, and attendance counts as continuing education! CEUs earned at the CAAR Conference are board approved and go toward your program requirements.
Here is a breakdown of units that are approved for CPAs, CCAs and CCSAs attending the 2020 CAAR Conference:
• 4 CAFA CPds – No sign-in sheet; CEUs are self-recorded
• 4 CCA Units – Sign-in sheet at the registration desk
• 7.5 CCSC Units – Sign-in sheet at the registration desk
Agronomists Honoured at the CAAR's Choice Awards
The Agronomist of the Year award is given annually to a CAAR member agronomist who consistently exceeds expectations through dedication to their field and their agronomic knowledge. Here's a list of outstanding professionals who have taken home the award since it was introduced at the CAAR's Choice Awards in 2012:
- 2018 - Taralea Simpson, Shur-Gro Farm Services
- 2017 - Barry Mankewich, GJ Chemical Company
- 2016 - Laurie Manshreck, Paterson Grain
- 2015 - Troy LaForge, Rack Petroleum
- 2014 - Duane Briand, Parkland Fertilizers
- 2013 - Dan Owen, Hudye Soil Services
- 2012 - Chris Nordal, Paterson Grain
- 2011 - Wendy Schatz-Leeds, Sharpe’s Soil Services
Watch for the April issue of The Communicator for a profile of 2019's Agronomist of the Year, to be awarded at the 2020 CAAR Conference in Sasakatoon, Sask.
- CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction Raises more than $75,000 2022 Pro-Ag Investments Auction Success: $75,000+ raised. Proceeds from the auction directly support CAAR’s advocacy activities, support of industry initiatives, agricultural scholarships, upgrades to existing progra...
- Get in on the Action: Pro-Ag Investments Online Auction The CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction will be hosted online in February 2022. Support CAAR. Support YOUR industry. CAAR is once again working with CharityAuctionsToday to facilitate the online auction. Bidding on it...
- The Value of Ag Tech to the Retail Channel At the 2021 Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers Conference, Todd Ormann recently spoke about his business and commercial development with global Telus Agriculture partners and the value of ag tech to the retail ch...
- Value of Ag Retail Voice to Advocacy. CAAR, its members, speakers and editorial are our voice As an independent retailer TerraLink is regularly looking for information on what is happening at both the regulatory and the industry level. Located in the Lower Mainland of BC we are distant from the mainstream ag ...
- CAAR Conference Theme: Resilience: Adapt & Advance Save the Date: February 8th to 10th, 2022. It’s been a crazy 18 months, making it harder to connect and network with those in the agri-retail space. One of CAAR’s greatest membership advantages is bringing CAAR membe...