The CAAR Conference offers an excellent opportunity for agriculture professionals to connect, learn and receive important industry information, and attendance counts as continuing education! CEUs earned at the CAAR Conference are board approved and go toward your program requirements.
Here is a breakdown of units that are approved for CPAs, CCAs and CCSAs attending the 2020 CAAR Conference:
• 4 CAFA CPds – No sign-in sheet; CEUs are self-recorded
• 4 CCA Units – Sign-in sheet at the registration desk
• 7.5 CCSC Units – Sign-in sheet at the registration desk
Agronomists Honoured at the CAAR's Choice Awards
The Agronomist of the Year award is given annually to a CAAR member agronomist who consistently exceeds expectations through dedication to their field and their agronomic knowledge. Here's a list of outstanding professionals who have taken home the award since it was introduced at the CAAR's Choice Awards in 2012:
- 2018 - Taralea Simpson, Shur-Gro Farm Services
- 2017 - Barry Mankewich, GJ Chemical Company
- 2016 - Laurie Manshreck, Paterson Grain
- 2015 - Troy LaForge, Rack Petroleum
- 2014 - Duane Briand, Parkland Fertilizers
- 2013 - Dan Owen, Hudye Soil Services
- 2012 - Chris Nordal, Paterson Grain
- 2011 - Wendy Schatz-Leeds, Sharpe’s Soil Services
Watch for the April issue of The Communicator for a profile of 2019's Agronomist of the Year, to be awarded at the 2020 CAAR Conference in Sasakatoon, Sask.
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day Two Recap The first full day of the 2020 CAAR Conference was packed with conversation, information and celebration. Here are your Day Two highlights: Roundtable Discussions Wednesday got off to a roaring start with structu...
- Your Ultimate Guide to the 2020 CAAR Conference Are you ready for the ag retail event of the year? Please take the time to review these important details ahead of the event to make your arrival at conference a smooth one. We can't wait to welcome you to Saskatoon!...
- "Fork's Up" for Canada’s Agriculture Day Canada’s Agriculture Day is a time for the entire ag industry to celebrate, make meaningful connections and shine a spotlight on Canadian food. Join us on Feb. 11 – in person or in spirit – as we raise our forks and ...
- Positions Open for Retail Members on CAAR Board Speak up for the Canadian ag retail industry by lending your time and your voice to the CAAR Board of Directors. If you’re a retail member of CAAR, we want you! CAAR will be voting on new board members at the Annual ...
- Roundtable Discussions Return to the CAAR Conference in 2020 Roundtables are back – and they’re better than ever! Don’t miss your chance to take part in this exciting networking and learning opportunity at the 2020 CAAR Conference. Whether you are a seasoned veteran of the ind...