The CAAR Conference offers an excellent opportunity for agriculture professionals to connect, learn and receive important industry information, and attendance counts as continuing education! CEUs earned at the CAAR Conference are board approved and go toward your program requirements.
Here is a breakdown of units that are approved for CPAs, CCAs and CCSAs attending the 2020 CAAR Conference:
• 4 CAFA CPds – No sign-in sheet; CEUs are self-recorded
• 4 CCA Units – Sign-in sheet at the registration desk
• 7.5 CCSC Units – Sign-in sheet at the registration desk
Agronomists Honoured at the CAAR's Choice Awards
The Agronomist of the Year award is given annually to a CAAR member agronomist who consistently exceeds expectations through dedication to their field and their agronomic knowledge. Here's a list of outstanding professionals who have taken home the award since it was introduced at the CAAR's Choice Awards in 2012:
- 2018 - Taralea Simpson, Shur-Gro Farm Services
- 2017 - Barry Mankewich, GJ Chemical Company
- 2016 - Laurie Manshreck, Paterson Grain
- 2015 - Troy LaForge, Rack Petroleum
- 2014 - Duane Briand, Parkland Fertilizers
- 2013 - Dan Owen, Hudye Soil Services
- 2012 - Chris Nordal, Paterson Grain
- 2011 - Wendy Schatz-Leeds, Sharpe’s Soil Services
Watch for the April issue of The Communicator for a profile of 2019's Agronomist of the Year, to be awarded at the 2020 CAAR Conference in Sasakatoon, Sask.
- Connect with the Ag Retail Industry Through Conference Sponsorship Connect with the agriculture industry to promote your company’s products and services and bring maximum exposure to your brand by being a sponsor of the 2021 CAAR Conference. Continue reading for more information on ...
- 2021 CAAR Conference Exhibitor Registration Opens Monday, June 22, 2020 Secure your booth space for the 2021 CAAR Conference, hosted in Edmonton, AB from February 9-11, 2021. Continue reading for more important CAAR Conference updates and ways to support the event. Statement Regarding...
- Congratulations to This Year's CAAR's Choice Award Winners The best-of-the-best in ag retail were celebrated at the CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet during the 2020 CAAR Conference in Saskatoon, Sask. Keep reading to see who took home the top honours. This year, the following...
- Reminder to Fill Out Your CAAR Conference Survey Calling all 2020 CAAR Conference delegates: remember to provide your feedback on the event for your chance to win a $50 VISA gift card. Check your email inbox for a link to fill out CAAR’s Post-Conference Survey. Don...
- Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month 2020 Creating awareness of agriculture is the overarching goal of Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month (CALM). This month join industry leaders, educators, farmers and fellow retailers from across the country as they take ...