The CAAR Conference offers an excellent opportunity for agriculture professionals to connect, learn and receive important industry information, and attendance counts as continuing education! CEUs earned at the CAAR Conference are board approved and go toward your program requirements.
Here is a breakdown of units that are approved for CPAs, CCAs and CCSAs attending the 2020 CAAR Conference:
• 4 CAFA CPds – No sign-in sheet; CEUs are self-recorded
• 4 CCA Units – Sign-in sheet at the registration desk
• 7.5 CCSC Units – Sign-in sheet at the registration desk
Agronomists Honoured at the CAAR's Choice Awards
The Agronomist of the Year award is given annually to a CAAR member agronomist who consistently exceeds expectations through dedication to their field and their agronomic knowledge. Here's a list of outstanding professionals who have taken home the award since it was introduced at the CAAR's Choice Awards in 2012:
- 2018 - Taralea Simpson, Shur-Gro Farm Services
- 2017 - Barry Mankewich, GJ Chemical Company
- 2016 - Laurie Manshreck, Paterson Grain
- 2015 - Troy LaForge, Rack Petroleum
- 2014 - Duane Briand, Parkland Fertilizers
- 2013 - Dan Owen, Hudye Soil Services
- 2012 - Chris Nordal, Paterson Grain
- 2011 - Wendy Schatz-Leeds, Sharpe’s Soil Services
Watch for the April issue of The Communicator for a profile of 2019's Agronomist of the Year, to be awarded at the 2020 CAAR Conference in Sasakatoon, Sask.
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: Farm Credit Canada Join Marty Seymour and Sarah Dobson from Farm Credit Canada at #CAARcon as they present how current global trends and consumer behaviours are impacting Canadian Ag Retailers, Agriculture, and Food sectors through the...
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: Cami Ryan CAAR is pleased to announce Cami Ryan, one of the keynote speakers scheduled to present at the 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference, who will provide insights into the ‘disinformation landscape’ and what this means for the a...
- 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference Registration Opens Monday, November 30 Mark your calendars and register for the virtual conference on Monday, November 30, registration is open for attendees and exhibitors. The 2021 Virtual CAAR Conference focuses on the business of ag retail and connect...
- The 2021 CAAR Conference Is Going Virtual The health and safety of CAAR Conference attendees are of utmost importance to us, in light of the on-going developments with COVID-19, we have chosen to host the 2021 CAAR Conference virtually from February 9 - 11, ...
- Connecting the Ag Retail Industry The 2021 CAAR Conference will focus on the business of ag retail and connecting the agriculture retail industry. Hosted from February 9 - 11, 2021 at the Westin Edmonton and Fairmont Hotel Macdonald in Edmonton, AB, ...