Introduced in 2013, the 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer Award recognizes a team at one member location that has shown leadership in the adoption of 4R Nutrient Stewardship into their business practices.
Sponsored by Fertilizer Canada
Click here to complete your online nomination form for the 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer Award.
NOMINATE SOMEONE TODAY!
This award recognizes a team at one CAAR member location that has shown leadership in the adoption of 4R Nutrient Stewardship (Right Source @ Right Rate, Right Time, Right Place®) into business practices by becoming a 4R Designated retailer.
More information on the 4R Designation Program can be found online at 4R.fertilizercanada.ca.
1. Staff is knowledgeable, qualified and trained in 4R Nutrient Stewardship
The nominee must demonstrate a significant commitment to developing 4R Nutrient Stewardship expertise. (For example, signing up to become a 4R Designated retailer, certification of 4R Agronomists on Fertilizer Canada’s e-Learning platform: elearning.fertilizercanada.ca).
2. Integration of 4R Nutrient Stewardship in fertilizer recommendations and application
The nominee incorporates key scientific principles of 4R Nutrient Stewardship – including the Right Source @ Right Rate, Right Time, Right Place® - into nutrient management planning with customers.
3. Involvement with 4R Nutrient Stewardship stakeholders such as watershed groups, community leaders, farm groups
The nominee and staff are engaged in the economic, environmental, and social issues relevant to making agriculture more sustainable in the area served. (For example, making 4R Nutrient Stewardship presentations to local groups or hosting 4R Nutrient Stewardship training sessions for producers.)
4. Promotion of 4R Nutrient Stewardship in the community
The nominee has been proactive and creative in telling the story of agricultural sustainability and awareness of 4R Nutrient Stewardship in the farming and non-farming community, and among young people.
To nominate someone for this award, click here to fill out the online form by Friday, December 4, 2020.
In addition to being recognized as a leader in the ag retail industry, the winning individual receives an award plaque to display at their office, $1,000 prize, a 1-page article featured in the CAAR Communicator and CAAR Network, and is also inducted into the CAAR Awards honour roll.
Click here for more information about all of the CAAR Awards and nominate someone today.
- The 2021 CAAR Awards: Retailer Hall of Fame The Retailer Hall of Fame award recognizes an individual who has consistently demonstrated exceptional performance over time in serving his or her customers, industry, and association. Submit your nomination today! ...
- Member Input Defines the Value of CAAR We Need Your Feedback – Complete the Retailer Member Survey. CAAR's value is defined through input from its members, this survey is targeted towards the retail membership to get critical feedback and help us shape th...
- The 2021 CAAR Awards: Retailer of the Year The Retailer of the Year Award recognizes one CAAR member location that managed to stand out among the rest and went above and beyond in 2020 to serve its customers. Sponsored by Bayer CropScience Click here to...
- The 2021 CAAR Awards – Agronomist of the Year Award Introduced in 2012, the Agronomist of the Year award recognizes a CAAR member agronomist who consistently exceeds expectations through dedication to their field and their agronomic knowledge. Sponsored by Simplot ...
- The 2021 CAAR Awards - Nominations Now Open The CAAR Awards highlight the achievements and dedication of CAAR members who serve their community and the ag retail industry. The awards celebrate excellence in various areas of retail management, agronomy, 4R nutr...