Introduced in 2013, the 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer Award recognizes a team at one member location that has shown leadership in the adoption of 4R Nutrient Stewardship into their business practices.
Sponsored by Fertilizer Canada
Click here to complete your online nomination form for the 4R Nutrient Stewardship Agri-Retailer Award.
NOMINATE SOMEONE TODAY!
This award recognizes a team at one CAAR member location that has shown leadership in the adoption of 4R Nutrient Stewardship (Right Source @ Right Rate, Right Time, Right Place®) into business practices by becoming a 4R Designated retailer.
More information on the 4R Designation Program can be found online at 4R.fertilizercanada.ca.
1. Staff is knowledgeable, qualified and trained in 4R Nutrient Stewardship
The nominee must demonstrate a significant commitment to developing 4R Nutrient Stewardship expertise. (For example, signing up to become a 4R Designated retailer, certification of 4R Agronomists on Fertilizer Canada’s e-Learning platform: elearning.fertilizercanada.ca).
2. Integration of 4R Nutrient Stewardship in fertilizer recommendations and application
The nominee incorporates key scientific principles of 4R Nutrient Stewardship – including the Right Source @ Right Rate, Right Time, Right Place® - into nutrient management planning with customers.
3. Involvement with 4R Nutrient Stewardship stakeholders such as watershed groups, community leaders, farm groups
The nominee and staff are engaged in the economic, environmental, and social issues relevant to making agriculture more sustainable in the area served. (For example, making 4R Nutrient Stewardship presentations to local groups or hosting 4R Nutrient Stewardship training sessions for producers.)
4. Promotion of 4R Nutrient Stewardship in the community
The nominee has been proactive and creative in telling the story of agricultural sustainability and awareness of 4R Nutrient Stewardship in the farming and non-farming community, and among young people.
To nominate someone for this award, click here to fill out the online form by Friday, December 4, 2020.
In addition to being recognized as a leader in the ag retail industry, the winning individual receives an award plaque to display at their office, $1,000 prize, a 1-page article featured in the CAAR Communicator and CAAR Network, and is also inducted into the CAAR Awards honour roll.
Click here for more information about all of the CAAR Awards and nominate someone today.
- CAAR News New Perk$ Partner – LeftField Commodity Research Inc. LeftField conducts market analysis on 16 Canadian grains, oilseeds and special crops as well as subclasses of crops on a weekly basis. Three comprehensive week...
- CAAR News Changes for the Safety & the Farmer Course The Safety & the Farmer course is hosted by Fertilizer Canada as of October 1, 2021. You can access the course online to renew or obtain your TDG certifi-cation. ...
- CAAR News CAAR recently participated in the Pulse Value MRL Working Group, a meeting to review the market risk of new pesticide products coming to market, and/or products currently on the market that have experienced an MRL ch...
- The 2022 CAAR Awards - Nomination Deadline is December 17 Time is running out to nominate colleagues for CAAR Awards. It is your chance to put a spotlight on the talented people who work in the ag retail industry. The awards celebrate excellence in various areas of retail ...
- By The Numbers 2 - The number of key ways employers can better motivate employees. 4 - This is the average percent increase in crop production gained by farmers that use precision agriculture technology. 6.9 - The billion-dollar ...