On Dec. 12, The Fertilizer Institute (TFI) announced the five 2017 4R Advocate winners. These five winners represent farmer and retailer partnerships that are leading the way in implementing 4R Nutrient Stewardship practices on the farm.
This year's advocates use the 4R Nutrient Stewardship practices on 13,200 acres of land.
The 2017 Advocates are:
- Gary Reeder, Palmetto, Fla.
Dennis Coleman, Crop Production Services, Parrish, Fla.
- Kyle Brase, Edwardsville, Ill.
Joe Huebener, CHS Shipman, Shipman, Ill.
- Grant Strom, Brimfield, Ill.
Adam Dexter, West Central FS Inc., Williamsfield, Ill.
- Dave Legvold, Northfield, Minn.
Ken Thomas, Farmers Mill & Elevator, Inc., Castle Rock, Minn.
- Lynn Fahrmeier, Wellington, Mo.
Scott Bergsieker, MFA Incorporated, Lexington, Mo.
The 4R Advocate Program is in its sixth year, and has recognized 30 producers and retailers, farming 114,425 acres in 17 states.
- CAAR News CAAR is commited to: Unite, Educate & Advocate Thank you for renewing your CAAR Membership! CAAR is newly committed to the following pillars: Unite CAAR is the only national association that exclusively rep...
- CFIA modernizing food compositional standards The CFIA has announced its intention to modernize food compositional standards. CAAR is seeking member feedback. CIFA believes this will provide more opportunities for industry to respond to consumer preferences b...
- PSAC Strike Impacts TDG Services Transport Canada has advised CAAR that there could be possible delays in the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Program Services. Transport Canada advises the strike could cause delays in some of Transportation o...
- Erin Gowriluk to lead Canada Grains Council Bad news for Grain Growers of Canada (GGC) is good news for Canada Grains Council. After five years with GGC, Grain Growers of Canada Erin Gowriluk has departed the organization and is now the new president of the...
- PSAC strike will impact agriculture industry Jill Verwey, president of Keystone Agricultural Producers, says PSAC strike will have a significant impact on agriculture industry. More than 155,000 federal workers walked off the job Wednesday morning (April 19,...