Applications are now being accepted for the Environmental Respect Awards (ERAs), an annual awards program honouring the environmental stewardship demonstrated by agri-retailers who sell, handle or apply crop protection products.
Is your retail location committed to environmental stewardship? Submit an application for the 2019 Environmental Respect Awards, to be recognized for your good work. The ERAs are sponsored by Corteva Agriscience and presented by CropLife and Agribusiness Global magazines.
Five regional winners will be selected for the North American category. Each winner will be chosen based on their commitment to operating their business in an environmentally sound manner and demonstrating leadership in compliance, proper material handling and application techniques, and safety.
What Accomplishments are Honoured?
The ERAs look specifically for achievements in the following areas:
- Physical plant improvements
- Waste minimization
- Emergency response readiness
- Product safety/proper use education
- Personal commitment
- Customer involvement
- Employee education
- Community outreach
- Innovative technology
- Educational enrichment
Visit environmentalrespect.com to learn more about the awards and fill out an application for your retail location. Nominations are open until June 7, 2019, so don't miss this opportunity to gain recognition for your retail. Good luck to all CAAR members who enter!
- Save the Date: 4R Manitoba Field Tour CAAR invites its Manitoba members to join Fertilizer Canada and Double Diamond Farm Supply to see the 4R principles in action and learn about integrating 4R into the Manitoba environment at the 4R Manitoba Summer Fie...
- Register Non-Member Branch Locations Today! Is each of your company’s locations represented through CAAR membership? By registering all of your company’s non-member branch locations, you can ensure they are covered by CAAR’s advocacy and regulatory support, tr...
- CAAR Member Achieves 4R Certification The Cottam branch of CAAR retailer member Setterington's Fertilizer Service Ltd. has recently become the third agriculture nutrient service provider to achieve Ontario 4R Certification, a program administered by Fert...
- CAAR Perk$ Spotlight: West Can Group CAAR membership pays off – members receive access to savings and exclusive services through the CAAR Perk$ program. Read more to learn how your business can save costs through West Can Group, a proudly Canadian, Mani...
- No Variance: Manitoba Nutrient Application Restriction Manitoba Sustainable Development has decided that the provincial restriction on winter application of nutrients will remain in place until 11:59 CDT, Wednesday, April 10. Based on current and forecasted weather condi...