Applications are now being accepted for the Environmental Respect Awards (ERAs), an annual awards program honouring the environmental stewardship demonstrated by agri-retailers who sell, handle or apply crop protection products.
Is your retail location committed to environmental stewardship? Submit an application for the 2019 Environmental Respect Awards, to be recognized for your good work. The ERAs are sponsored by Corteva Agriscience and presented by CropLife and Agribusiness Global magazines.
Five regional winners will be selected for the North American category. Each winner will be chosen based on their commitment to operating their business in an environmentally sound manner and demonstrating leadership in compliance, proper material handling and application techniques, and safety.
What Accomplishments are Honoured?
The ERAs look specifically for achievements in the following areas:
- Physical plant improvements
- Waste minimization
- Emergency response readiness
- Product safety/proper use education
- Personal commitment
- Customer involvement
- Employee education
- Community outreach
- Innovative technology
- Educational enrichment
Visit environmentalrespect.com to learn more about the awards and fill out an application for your retail location. Nominations are open until June 7, 2019, so don't miss this opportunity to gain recognition for your retail. Good luck to all CAAR members who enter!
- Retailers & Recycling Ag retailers have been at the forefront of participating in and promoting sustainability initiatives in agriculture Data provided by Cleanfarms CAAR members were early adopters of the Cleanfarms program, with ma...
- Reminder: CAAR Membership Renewals Due June 30th CAAR members are in the process of receiving membership renewal information and we’re encouraging all members to renew for the 2020-21 year. Don't delay - membership renewals are due June 30, 2020. CAAR is a membe...
- COVID-19 Restrictions Force a Format Change for Ag in Motion Ag in Motion, Western Canada’s Outdoor Farm Expo, is moving to an online format for 2020. The new format, “Ag in Motion Discovery Plus,” will give visitors access to all the latest in farm equipment and innovations, ...
- Celebrate National Soil Conservation Week National Soil Conservation Week starts on Sunday, April 19. This event, led by the Soil Conservation Council of Canada, is the perfect opportunity for everyone in the industry to celebrate soil and reflect on one of ...
- CAAR Members Give Back Through the Thank-A-Retailer Contest CAAR congratulates Prairie Giants Crop Supply (Inglis, Man.) and Sharpe’s Crop Services (Moosomin, Sask.) for their recent wins in ADAMA’s Thank-a-Retailer Community Contest! Both retailers received $15,000 to suppor...