Applications are now being accepted for the Environmental Respect Awards (ERAs), an annual awards program honouring the environmental stewardship demonstrated by agri-retailers who sell, handle or apply crop protection products.
Is your retail location committed to environmental stewardship? Submit an application for the 2019 Environmental Respect Awards, to be recognized for your good work. The ERAs are sponsored by Corteva Agriscience and presented by CropLife and Agribusiness Global magazines.
Five regional winners will be selected for the North American category. Each winner will be chosen based on their commitment to operating their business in an environmentally sound manner and demonstrating leadership in compliance, proper material handling and application techniques, and safety.
What Accomplishments are Honoured?
The ERAs look specifically for achievements in the following areas:
- Physical plant improvements
- Waste minimization
- Emergency response readiness
- Product safety/proper use education
- Personal commitment
- Customer involvement
- Employee education
- Community outreach
- Innovative technology
- Educational enrichment
Visit environmentalrespect.com to learn more about the awards and fill out an application for your retail location. Nominations are open until June 7, 2019, so don't miss this opportunity to gain recognition for your retail. Good luck to all CAAR members who enter!
- CAAR Welcomes Scott Van Alstyne CAAR is pleased to welcome Scott Van Alstyne to the team in the role of sales and marketing manager. Scott brings over three decades of experience working in various sectors of the ag industry to the position. Bef...
- No Variance: Manitoba Nutrient Application Restriction Manitoba Sustainable Development has decided that the provincial restriction on winter application of nutrients will remain in place until 11:59 CDT, Wednesday, April 10. Based on current and forecasted weather condi...
- Help Build Awareness for an AgSafe Canada Retailers can demonstrate their commitment to ag safety by participating in Canadian Agricultural Safety Week – March 10-16, 2019. The theme of this year’s Ag Safety Week is “Build an AgSafe Canada.” Held annually...
- Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers Announces Board of Directors The Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (CAAR) is pleased to announce its 2019-20 board of directors who will lead the association throughout the next year as CAAR works to strengthen the ag retail industry in Can...
- View CFA Meeting Online The annual general meeting of the Canadian Federation of Agriculture (CFA) takes place this Wednesday and Thursday in Ottawa, Ont. Those who are interested in the discussions, but can’t attend in person, are invited ...