Are you ready for the ag retail event of the year? Please take the time to review these important details ahead of the event to make your arrival at conference a smooth one. We can't wait to welcome you to Saskatoon!
All conference events will be taking place at the Hilton Garden Inn and TCU Place.
Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon
The host hotel is located at 90 22 St. E, and offers surface parking as well as heated underground parking across the street. Self-parking is $13.95/day.
The Hilton Garden Inn features complimentary WiFi, swimming pool, onsite 24-hour business center and a 24-hour fitness center. Meal options include the full-service Garden Grille & Bar, quick bites at the Pavilion Pantry and Starbucks coffee at the Garden Café.
For those arriving by air, the Hilton Garden Inn is located approximately 10 minutes from the airport.
TCU Place is located at 35 22nd St. E, across the street from the host hotel.
Conference Registration Desk Hours and Locations
The CAAR Conference registration desk will be located in TCU Place. Make the registration desk your first stop to pick up your registration packages and conference pass. Your pass is required for entry to the conference.
Tuesday, Feb. 11
12:00 – 3:00 pm
4:00 – 7:00 pm (located outside Gallery A & B)
Wednesday, Feb. 12
7:30 a.m. – 1:00 pm
5:30 – 7:00 pm
Thursday, Feb. 13
7:30 a.m. – 12:00 pm
Conference Program Information
A copy of the conference program and Pro-Ag Investments Auction Guide will be available in your registration padfolios and at the CAAR Booth. The 2019 Annual Report will be available at the AGM and CAAR Booth.
Icebreaker Cocktail Reception - Feb. 11
Join us from 5:00 - 7:00 pm to kick off conference and celebrate Canada’s Agriculture Day at the Icebreaker Cocktail Reception, located in Gallery A and B at TCU Place. Enjoy a cash bar and delicious hors d’oeuvres, sponsored by John Deere Financial.
Be sure to use the #CdnAgDay hashtag to show your support for Canada’s ag industry in your Canadian Agriculture Day tweets on Feb. 11! Read more about Canada's Agriculture Day here: "Fork's Up for Canada's Agriculture Day"
CAAR 2020 Annual General Meeting - Feb. 12
The AGM will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 12, during lunch on the tradeshow floor (12:20-1:45 pm). All retailer members are encouraged to attend - new board members will be elected at this meeting.
Read more about getting involved with the CAAR Board here: Positions Open for Retail Members on the CAAR Board
Beers of the World - Feb. 12
Sample a variety of brews from around the globe at Beers of the World, hosted by AgResource Connects.
Beers of the World will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn on Wednesday, Feb. 12 from 3:00 – 5:30 pm. Your CAAR Conference registration badge will be required to enter this exclusive networking event.
CAAR’s Choice Awards Banquet - Feb. 12
The 13th annual CAAR's Choice Awards Banquet takes place Wednesday, Feb. 12 from 6:00 – 11:00 pm at TCU Place. Celebrate the achievements of your friends and colleagues in style while enjoying a delicious meal and post-award show entertainment from one of Canada’s top comics, Derek Edwards.
A limited number of tickets will be available for purchase at the registration desk – but hurry, they will sell fast!
Earn CEUs at the CAAR Conference
Certified Professional Agronomists (CPAs), Crop Advisors (CCAs) and Crop Science Consultants (CCSCs) can earn CEUs by attending the 2020 CAAR Conference. CCAs and CCSCs must sign in at the registration desk to record CEUs.
Click here for more information on Earning CEUs at the event: Earn CEUs at the 2020 CAAR Conference
Social Media at the 2020 CAAR Conference
Follow @CdnAgRetail for conference news and updates and use the official #CAARcon2020 hashtag in all of your conference tweets to join the conversation.
Wondering how to best use social media to enhance your conference experience? Read Get Social at #CAARcon2020.
Conference Wi-Fi Network: CAARcon2020
Conference Wi-FI Password: hitech2020
Thank you to Hi Tech Installations Ltd. for sponsoring the conference Wi-Fi!
Enjoy Your Stay in Saskatoon!
Looking for a place to grab a drink or a bite to eat outside of conference hours? Check out our guide to some great restaurants and bars within walking distance of the conference venue and host hotel: Ten Spots to Wine & Dine
Extending your stay? Visit Tourism Saskatoon for an online event calendar, suggested activities and more!
Photo and Media Release
Please be aware that by entering the CAAR Conference, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded, and consent to use of your appearance, voice and name to be used in any digital and print material without compensation at the discretion of the Canadian Association of Agri-Retailers (CAAR). You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent given by you by entering the CAAR Conference. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not enter the CAAR Conference.
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day Three Recap From informative industry updates to the closing keynote address, the second full day of the 2020 CAAR Conference left delegates with plenty to think about. Here are some of the highlights from Day Three: Industry...
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day Two Recap The first full day of the 2020 CAAR Conference was packed with conversation, information and celebration. Here are your Day Two highlights: Roundtable Discussions Wednesday got off to a roaring start with structu...
- 2020 CAAR Conference - Day One Recap The 2020 CAAR Conference kicked-off in style this evening at the annual Icebreaker Cocktail Reception. The mood was festive as conference delegates and exhibitors gathered at TCU Place in Saskatoon, Sask. to break th...
- Get Social at #CAARcon2020 When you take your conference experience online, you expand your networking opportunities and enhance your industry presence. So, let’s get ready to get social at the 2020 CAAR Conference! Attending the CAAR confe...
- "Fork's Up" for Canada’s Agriculture Day Canada’s Agriculture Day is a time for the entire ag industry to celebrate, make meaningful connections and shine a spotlight on Canadian food. Join us on Feb. 11 – in person or in spirit – as we raise our forks and ...