Get ready for spring, expand your knowledge and earn a new certification by taking a training course through CAAR!
CAAR has developed exclusive training programs to specifically meet the needs of the ag retailer and, with winter upon us, now is a great time to complete a course. Here’s just a few that can all be completed online from the comfort of your office or home:
Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
Sponsored by CF Industries, the Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification course is offered online and can be completed at your convenience. The course covers topics such as site safety and security, TDG and WHMIS regulations, transferring and loading procedures, chemical properties and emergency response.
Successful trainees will receive a TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, which confirms they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
CAAR members SAVE $55 on the course fee. Register now!
Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety & the Farmer – TDG Certification
Supported by Fertilizer Canada, the Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety and & Farmer - TDG Certification course is designed to promote the safe transportation and handling of anhydrous ammonia at a farm level. You will learn safe handling, maintenance of nurse tank and applicator units, TDG legislation and emergency first aid procedures.
Successful trainees will receive a TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming that they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)).
This online course is offered at NO CHARGE. Register now!
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is Canada's national hazard communication standard. CAAR’s WHMIS 2015 course can be completed online, quickly and easily, and includes a complete review of both the WHMIS 1988 and 2015 regulations.
The course includes information on the Consumer Chemical hazard classes, and information employees need to be aware of when products labelled under the Consumer labeling system are brought into the workplace.
CAAR members SAVE $5 on the course fee. Register now!
Investing in Certified Seed
CAAR has partnered with the Canadian Seed Growers Association (CSGA) to offer their training course to certified retailers.
The interactive Investing in Certified Seed online course has been developed to assist Canadian Seed Retailers develop the knowledge required to educate grower customers on the benefits that certified seed provides for both growers and the Canadian seed industry. Topics include how certified seed is produced, the role it plays in bringing opportunity and innovation to growers, and how to assess the value of certified seed from an input cost perspective.
Note: Certified Crop Advisors are eligible to receive 0.5 CEU credits in Crop Management.
CAAR and CSGA members SAVE $5 on the course fee. Register now!
For more information, or to explore even more training opportunities, visit https://caar.org/training. CAAR members, be sure to log in to see exclusive member pricing.
- Excellent Education Opportunities at the 2019 CAAR Conference For 24 years, the CAAR conference has offered retailers an unbeatable setting for networking, education and business development, and this year’s conference is no exception! Here is just a taste of the excellent educ...
- Speak Up For Your Industry on the CAAR Board Don't sit on the sidelines while somebody else speaks for your industry – get involved with the CAAR board of directors. Lending your time and expertise to the board is good for the industry, and for you as an indivi...
- Exhibitor Registration is Closed - Register as a Delegate Today! Exhibitor registration is closed, but you can still register as a delegate and take advantage of the many valuable networking opportunities and informative speaker sessions at the 2019 CAAR Conference in Winnipeg! ...
- CAAR Conference Speaker Spotlight: Graham Sherman Graham Sherman’s “disruptive behavior” helped him turn the Alberta brewing industry on its head and has made Tool Shed Brewing, the company he co-founded, one of the top craft beer brands in the country. Read more to...
- CAAR Accepting Applications for Two Full-Time Positions CAAR is now accepting applications for the roles of Communications Manager and Sales & Marketing Manager. Working closely with the CAAR staff and board, these two individuals will play vital roles on the CAAR tea...