Get ready for spring, expand your knowledge and earn a new certification by taking a training course through CAAR!
CAAR has developed exclusive training programs to specifically meet the needs of the ag retailer and, with winter upon us, now is a great time to complete a course. Here’s just a few that can all be completed online from the comfort of your office or home:
Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification
Sponsored by CF Industries, the Anhydrous Ammonia: Retailer Safe Handling and TDG Certification course is offered online and can be completed at your convenience. The course covers topics such as site safety and security, TDG and WHMIS regulations, transferring and loading procedures, chemical properties and emergency response.
Successful trainees will receive a TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, which confirms they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)) in a retail or distribution center setting.
CAAR members SAVE $55 on the course fee. Register now!
Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety & the Farmer – TDG Certification
Supported by Fertilizer Canada, the Anhydrous Ammonia: Safety and & Farmer - TDG Certification course is designed to promote the safe transportation and handling of anhydrous ammonia at a farm level. You will learn safe handling, maintenance of nurse tank and applicator units, TDG legislation and emergency first aid procedures.
Successful trainees will receive a TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certificate valid for three (3) years from the date signed, confirming that they are qualified to transport and handle anhydrous ammonia (Class 2.3 (8)).
This online course is offered at NO CHARGE. Register now!
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is Canada's national hazard communication standard. CAAR’s WHMIS 2015 course can be completed online, quickly and easily, and includes a complete review of both the WHMIS 1988 and 2015 regulations.
The course includes information on the Consumer Chemical hazard classes, and information employees need to be aware of when products labelled under the Consumer labeling system are brought into the workplace.
CAAR members SAVE $5 on the course fee. Register now!
Investing in Certified Seed
CAAR has partnered with the Canadian Seed Growers Association (CSGA) to offer their training course to certified retailers.
The interactive Investing in Certified Seed online course has been developed to assist Canadian Seed Retailers develop the knowledge required to educate grower customers on the benefits that certified seed provides for both growers and the Canadian seed industry. Topics include how certified seed is produced, the role it plays in bringing opportunity and innovation to growers, and how to assess the value of certified seed from an input cost perspective.
Note: Certified Crop Advisors are eligible to receive 0.5 CEU credits in Crop Management.
CAAR and CSGA members SAVE $5 on the course fee. Register now!
For more information, or to explore even more training opportunities, visit https://caar.org/training. CAAR members, be sure to log in to see exclusive member pricing.
- Is Your Membership Listing Up to Date? CAAR is preparing to release its 2020 Membership Roster in the new year. The CAAR Roster helps to connect our members with the valuable suite of services available from our CAAR Perk$ Partners and makes it easy to fi...
- CAAR Announces Move to New Location The CAAR office has moved to a new location in downtown Winnipeg, effective November 1, 2019. Keep reading for the new address and important information regarding the move. CAAR's new office is conveniently locate...
- Take the Latest Poll on caar.org 2020 marks 25 years since CAAR was founded as an association in 1995. As we reflect on the significance of this milestone, we're asking members to share your thoughts on 25 years of CAAR. Tell us below what 25 years ...
- CAAR Accepting Applications for Term Communications Manager CAAR is now accepting applications for the role of Communications Manager (10 Month Term). Working closely with the CAAR staff and board, this individual will play a vital role on the CAAR team. Read more to view the...
- CAAR Membership: Renew Today Now’s the time to renew your CAAR membership for the 2019-2020 season! When you’re represented by the only national association dedicated to advancing the business of Canadian ag retail, you have an advocate with a u...