Tuesday, Feb. 13 | 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Once again, the CAAR Conference coincides with Canada’s Agriculture Day, created last year by Agriculture More Than Ever to highlight the ag industry and strengthen connections between consumers and the food production chain. Join us at the Icebreaker Cocktail Reception to kick off the conference and raise a glass to celebrate agriculture in Canada – and we have a lot to celebrate!
- Agriculture employs more than 2 million Canadians; 1 in 8 Canadian jobs are in agriculture or agri-food;
- Agriculture contributes over $100 billion to Canada’s GDP annually;
- Canada is the fifth-largest ag exporter in the world and ranks first in global food safety.
Join the Thunderclap
Show your love for Canadian ag on social media! We’re stronger when we speak together, and supporting Canada’s Ag Day through the “Thunderclap” helps us do exactly that.
By signing up for the Thunderclap, a pre-written message from Agriculture More Than Ever will be shared from your chosen social media account at 8:30 am CST on February 13. Sharing the message in unison will make a big impact, and once you sign up, it’s effortless on your part! Sign up for the Thunderclap and learn more about Canada’s Agriculture Day at agriculturemorethanever.ca/cdn-ag-day.
Keep the conversation going using the hashtag #CdnAgDay throughout the day in your social media posts to celebrate our industry.
Get Social At the 2018 CAAR Conference!
Five reasons to be social on social media at the CAAR Conference:
- Get a head start! Use and follow the #CAARcon hashtag to introduce yourself, share what you are looking forward to and be a part of the pre-conference conversation.
- Connect faster! Find people with common interests and views, helping you break the ice with new contacts at conference events and on the tradeshow floor.
- Share your experience! Tell your colleagues and customers that you are attending the CAAR Conference. Your participation at industry events lets others know that you care about your industry and your business.
- Get the most out of your conference experience! Take and share notes and pictures of the things that pique your interest. Chances are, someone else will find them interesting, too.
- Stay in touch! You’ve made new connections - now keep them! Social media is a great way to grow your network, promote your business and develop peer relationships. (And have fun!)
Be sure to use the official conference hashtag #CAARcon to be a part of the conversation.
Conference Wi-Fi Network: CAARCon
Conference Wi-FI Password: hitech2018
Conference Wi-Fi Sponsored by Hi Tech Installations
- Save the Date for the 2019 CAAR Conference Mark your calendars for the 2019 CAAR Conference, Feb. 12-14 in Winnipeg, MB! After the success of the 2018 conference in Saskatoon, SK, the conference planning committee is already hard at work putting together the ...
- CAAR’s Ammonia Committee CAAR and Fertilizer Canada are working together to address regulatory challenges on behalf of the industry. Just days after Mitch Rezansoff joined CAAR as executive director in January, new requirements for ammonia ...
- Stepping up to the Plate Agri-retailers can play a more prominent role in sustainability. Western Canadian organizations dedicated to promoting sustainable farming practices are struggling to survive, due to a significant decline in members...
- A Growing Problem Herbicide resistance has been increasing across Canada for the past four decades, with resistant weeds now found on an estimated 38 million acres of cropland in Western Canada. According to Hugh Beckie, research sci...
- Concerning Products of Concern Agri-retailers can support market access by helping growers Keep it Clean. Maximum residue limits (MRLs) are playing an increasingly important role in the acceptance of Canadian agriculture commodities in domestic a...