Wednesday, Feb. 14 | 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
It wouldn’t be the CAAR Conference without CAAR’s Pro-Ag Investments Auction! Always a conference highlight, this annual event supports programming and advocacy, while helping to keep membership fees low.
The Pro-Ag Investments Auction is CAAR’s only fundraiser, contributing up to 10 per cent of the association’s annual revenue. Proceeds from the auction directly support CAAR’s advocacy efforts and a diverse range of industry-strengthening initiatives.
You can show your support by participating in the CAAR Pro-Ag Investments Auction at the 2018 CAAR Conference as a bidder, a donor or both!
Bid and Buy at the Auction
Bid against your friends and colleagues on dozens of incredible products and know that every dollar you spend goes directly to CAAR.
You can expect to see Callaway XR golf clubs, a $1,000 SeCan Certified Seed voucher and two $5,000 Western Producer advertising vouchers, among many more great items.
The generosity of our members at the 2017 Pro-Ag Investments Auction allowed CAAR to:
- participate on behalf of our members in more than 30 industry events, regulatory consultations and committee meetings over the past year;
- award scholarships to students at the University of Manitoba and Olds College in Alberta; and
- fund research initiatives, such as the impact of increased ammonia tank testing frequency, to support CAAR’s lobbying positions.
Last year’s auction was a great success and raised nearly $85,000! With your help, we can make this year’s auction bigger and better than ever.
Donate to the Auction
caar.org/caar-conference/auction to view an up-to-date list of the great items available to bid on.
- Stepping up to the Plate Agri-retailers can play a more prominent role in sustainability. Western Canadian organizations dedicated to promoting sustainable farming practices are struggling to survive, due to a significant decline in members...
- A Growing Problem Herbicide resistance has been increasing across Canada for the past four decades, with resistant weeds now found on an estimated 38 million acres of cropland in Western Canada. According to Hugh Beckie, research sci...
- Concerning Products of Concern Agri-retailers can support market access by helping growers Keep it Clean. Maximum residue limits (MRLs) are playing an increasingly important role in the acceptance of Canadian agriculture commodities in domestic a...
- Panel Discussion: Understanding Farmers' Needs and Expectations Four Canadian farmers share their insights into the relationship between farmer and retailer at the 2018 CAAR Conference. Four Canadian farmers share their insights into the relationship between farmer and retaile...
- Retailer Hall of Fame: Pattie Ganske When she first started working part-time at Parkland Fertilizers in Wetaskiwin, Alta., Pattie Ganske didn’t know she was paving the way for woman in agri-retail and agriculture. More than three decades later, her ex...